Defensive Carry banner

Getting antsy

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  ppkheat 
#1 ·
I mailed off for my non-resident Florida carry permit on May 2 and nothing yet. I'm positive I don't have any problems that would hinder the issuing of my permit. Does anyone have any idea about how long it takes normally? :confused:

#2 ·
IIRC they say up to 90 days.

Mine had a slight holdup cos they lost my something or other piece of paper so had to send another. Even so - it was IIRC not much over 60 days. Probably coulda been well under that if they hadn't lost the bit of paperwork.

Hmmm May 2 .. well coming up to 60 days so hopefully not be too long. Guess it all depends how busy they are - plus getting Charles Bronson to sign :wink:

#3 ·
Here in OK, mine took exactly 90 days, but they told me to be prepared to wait up to 6 months because they were so backlogged...I wonder if my being contracted to DH/CBP helped...they did a big background check on me when I got hired 5 yrs ago.

#11 ·
I applied mid March. A month ago they sent me a letter saying I did not include a photo. BS...anyway I sent them a new one. I called them yesterday and they said it was approved on the 15th of June. So I should have it anyday now. You can call them and ask for a status. But for me with photo delay it will be about 90 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.