A Mother, a Daughter and a Gun - Page 4

A Mother, a Daughter and a Gun

This is a discussion on A Mother, a Daughter and a Gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jackofspades With the way she is able to express herself and her maturity.. it is hard to believe she is so young. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Mother, a Daughter and a Gun

JD
    Administrator

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades View Post
    With the way she is able to express herself and her maturity.. it is hard to believe she is so young. I know folks much older then she who have a harder time expressing themselves then she appears to (heck, I have issues with online communication.. I've been told I don't translate well into text :shrug:).

I'd have to believe that her writing can only get better as she ages and has even more experience to call upon... just wait till she releases her book about the knuckleheads in some online gun forum.. it'll be the next Dilbert.
    Oh yeah, she's an artist too, I bet she could make a gun shop Dilbert meets The Far Side comic strip, now that would be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Oh yeah, she's an artist too, I bet she could make a gun shop Dilbert meets The Far Side comic strip, now that would be entertaining.
    Now thats a comic strip I'd actually pay to get the newspaper to read!

JD, you know that on the Mac there is an application called COMIC LIFE that enables you to put your photos in a comic grid and add speech balloons...

Just a thought.

JD
    Administrator
    I totally forgot about that, I've seen those before.

Senior Moderator
    LOL.. I don't do very good "comical" characters, neither in my art, nor my writing.

There's always that new leaf, but I'm not sure I'm artistic enough to do comics.

Lima...Great work. After you publish that book, do me a favor and get on Oprah! That would save me more long talks with my wife and mother. I could just say, "Did you see Limatunes on Oprah, thats what I've been trying to tell you..."

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    She can call it ..... Limatoons! (I crack myself up!)

But seriously, aside from expressing yourself well in your writing and having something to say, it seems like you NEED to write. I hope our collective comments encourage you to keep it up.

Lima,
    You are surely inspirational, your stories are uplifting not only because they are well written but they are heartfelt and it translates. Best wishes with your writing endeavors you have a gift and we're privileged to be the benefactor's of your God given talent.
    Oh, my mom hates guns but accepts the fact that good people should be able to own and carry them. I've always just kept them out of her sight when we're together.
    Keep'em coming Lima!

Great story and very well told. I'm glad to hear that you mom is coming around.

Another agreement that you'd be a great role model and spokesperson for women taking their safety into their own hands.

Thumbs up Limatunes new career as a spokeman for CCW

In all seriousness I believe that the next time the loony left in DC hold anti-gun hearings, we need to send Limatunes to speak for us. As a young lady, with the past she has over come, and being from Philly (very anti-gun) she has a lot of gravitas when she speaks about why we need CCW. We also need to get her on Oprah to tell her story. Oprah is anti gun, but very into stories of triumph by woman. Limatunes, you qualify as a story of triumph. As stated here before, your stories are excellent. You are the daughter I wish I had. LOL My daughters are the opposite of you. (Long sad painful story) Keep on writing and smiling Limatunes.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    In all seriousness I believe that the next time the loony left in DC hold anti-gun hearings, we need to send Limatunes to speak for us. As a young lady, with the past she has over come, and being from Philly (very anti-gun) she has a lot of gravitas when she speaks about why we need CCW. We also need to get her on Oprah to tell her story. Oprah is anti gun, but very into stories of triumph by woman. Limatunes, you qualify as a story of triumph.
    I second that, we need to send her to the US Congress - full time. Open up a political fund Lima and let us know where to send the funds - to put you where you belong.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I was beginning to wonder if I was reading an extraordinarily written professional color commentary from one of our respected national journals. This is like "Ambulance girl," Bill Jordan, Charlton Heston and Amelia Earhart, all rolled into one. Totally blown away.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links