Videos of drawing a concealed weapon

This is a discussion on Videos of drawing a concealed weapon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may have missed some somewhere but I don't recall ever seeing a video, private or pro of a carry piece being drawn from any ...

Thread: Videos of drawing a concealed weapon

Videos of drawing a concealed weapon

I may have missed some somewhere but I don't recall ever seeing a video, private or pro of a carry piece being drawn from any kind of cover garment.
    I've seen many of the fast draw (sub 2 second) videos from holsters hanging free with NO shirt, jacket, sweat shirt, or vest to slow the draw. I've read many posts about practice for a fast and smooth draw, pressing out for the sight picture, proper grip, trigger control etc. BUT never anyone ever showing it being done, properly or not properly.
    A video showing the good and bad points of different types of cover gear would do so much more than showing that sub second double tap, from a Blade Tec (etc.) DOH, by a guy that has done that draw 1000's of times..
    Anyone know of any?
    Be safe.

2. Remove Ads

That's because everybody looks foolish pulling a gun from their nether regions.

I wish sport jackets would come into vogue again. That would solve a lot of our concealment problems.

I have seen one video, it was for a specially reinforced undershirt. You would pull the button up shirt open with your weak hand, and remove the gun with your strong hand. Obviously this works far better for a right-hander. And it's a bit hard on your shirts. After the event is over you look like Bruce Banner after a rage session. I'll see if I can find that video link for you.

[EDIT] Well, I found the site that used to have some videos, and they're all gone now. It seems people realized it was lucrative to make videos of concealed carry draws and market for money:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/711669901507.html

http://www.mle-shootingsports.com/shootvideos.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Advanced-C.../dp/B0007U3FG4
    Last edited by Risasi; June 22nd, 2007 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    That's because everybody looks foolish pulling a gun from their nether regions.

I wish sport jackets would come into vogue again. That would solve a lot of our concealment problems.

I have seen one video, it was for a specially reinforced undershirt. You would pull the button up shirt open with your weak hand, and remove the gun with your strong hand. Obviously this works far better for a right-hander. And it's a bit hard on your shirts. After event is over you look like Bruce Banner after a rage session. I'll see if I can find that video link for you.
    Usually the shirt is modified with Velcro or metal snaps behind a false button.Seach Fed_wif_a_sig's posts about the UC shirts.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

I have some of the concealed carry dvds by magill and some self defense videos by hackathorn and wilson. You will see alot of drawing/presentation there.

I think I got them at glockstore.com.

Links