Good friend beat with a brick in own home

This is a discussion on Good friend beat with a brick in own home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife recently told me that a friend from her old church was beat down last weak in his own home. She told me some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good friend beat with a brick in own home

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar

Good friend beat with a brick in own home

My wife recently told me that a friend from her old church was beat down last weak in his own home. She told me some BG's busted down the front door and beat him in the face with a brick. He's blind from his left eye, and his jaw broken in several places. His face is jacked up to say the least and he's lucky (blessed) he's not dead. I tell you what, ever since i heard that story, i'm so glad we have guns and have taken our CCL class. We are more conscience of where our guns are in the house at all times, and man,.....it totally sucks that that had to happen to such a very nice guy like him. He wouldn't hurt a fly, Christian guy, loves the Lord, and just cool to be around, not to mention humble. We are helping pool our money with other people to help with medical bills, and help pay his house off since he can't work. All i need to do is think about this guy and it reminds me to be more prepared everyday because you honestly don't know when that time will come when you need to defend yourself so that your destiny in life can be fulfilled. I don't know about you all, but i know that my future is very important to me, my family, and others on this earth, and nothing bad or evil will prevail against my destiny and purpose in life. God bless all of you today.

Angel

2. Remove Ads

That's just awful. I hope your friend has a quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel in San Antonio View Post
    We are more conscience of where our guns are in the house at all times, and man
    I think what happened here is a great reminder that the best place in your house for a gun is on your person. If someone kicks in the front door and has a gun rather than a brick, you may not have a chance to get to your gun if it's not on you.

VIP Member
    Your friend will definately be in my prayers.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

What's the world coming to when you can't even be safe from the scum of the world in your own home.

We'll keep your friend in our prayers.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I hope your friend recovers well.

I have to ask, what was the state of his self-defense readiness? Was he the type to trust everyone, no matter what's on the news, and open the door to anyone who knocked? I mean, is there a lesson to be learned, or is it just a story that deserves empathy? I'd like to know if what happened to him can be attributed to having had a pollyanna view of the world, remaining unprepared and unmindful of what's out there, and not having a plan or mindset for self defense. Or was he actually of a self-defense mindset and preparation, but just got caught unlucky?

I mean, most of us know not to go opening doors when we don't know who is there or what his intentions are. Is that what contributed to your friend's attack?

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Stuff like this just BURNS me!!!!!!!

The old list of precautions and preparations comes to mind. Short of addressing these options as part of one's defensive posture, there is little that can be done when home invaders come calling.
    • A cautious posture when strangers come to your home.
    • Not opening the door to strangers. Or, if you do, have a way to identify the people before opening the door. If they're still strangers when you open the door, have the means to defend against their not having your best interests at heart.
    • Solid doors, jambs, windows.
    • A door bar (ie, Fox) that jams up underneath the handle and is bracketed into the entryway floor/foundation.
    • A method of being notified someone is rooting around the front or back doors, before they actually get to the door. Simple beams, light and bell; perhaps a motion-sensitive wireless videocam setup.
    • An alarm system.
    • A firearm close at hand.
    • A "safe" room, where you can go in order to gain time to withstand an overt attack ... while you get to your defensive weapons, gather your loved ones, defend against the invaders, call for help.
    • The will, mindset and actions to prevail under any and all circumstances.

Faith in invaders should be at least as strong as faith in a higher power. That, itself, can remove a huge and potentially deadly disadvantage from your preparedness. A defensive posture can effectively coexist with the faithful. They simply need to come to the realization that defense of life is an absolute moral good, and that there are steps that can be taken to don't overtly conflict with one's beliefs.

My condolences to your friend and his family. My he recover quickly. May he have no long-lasting damage to his body. May he learn from this situation and take appropriate steps to guard against this sort of thing in the future.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers from VA on the way.
    Thank goodness he's alive.

sorry to hear about another tragedy like this. just goes to prove. you can trust no one. everyone laughs around here when i say that however, I truly believe it.

The life god gives you is precious and should be defended against attack of a criminal nature attempting to end your life.

No one has the right to harm you in such a manner that would cause permanent injury or death and you may use equal force including lethal force to perserve your life or the life of another innocent.

Evil walks among us and unfortunately there is no scarlet letter tattoo'd to your forehead to identified those evil predators.

Therefore, we must be vigilant and prepared to use whatever means necessary to preserve the lives of the innocent.

I hope your friend recovers and his pain eases. To be brutally attacked in your own home is a crime perpetrated by the most vicious of society and should not be tolerated by society.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

We'll keep your friend on our thoughts. This story is why I'm sitting no further than arms reach from my USP as I veg out in my LA-Z boy in my sweats watching a storm roll in.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar
    Thank you all for your prayers for our friend Bobby. It has definitely made me more aware and ready for anything. Any monetary donations are welcome also(contact me) God bless you all and be ready at all times.
    Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    What's the world coming to when you can't even be safe from the scum of the world in your own home.

We'll keep your friend in our prayers.
    What's the world coming to when a BG breaks into your home and YOU have to flee! We got a castle doctrine here-but a moron prosecutor who believe in changing innocents with "disparity of force".

You MUST be guilty if you shot him and he only had a little 8" knife.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Distinguished Member
    "The rain falls on the just and the unjust." And the opposite is just as true. That is not meant to be flippant and we will certainly pray for him. However, after two home invasions in our neighborhood I have a home defense shotgun next to my headboard and a .357 under the bed. I'll let the Lord sort it out at judgment.

Gun On Person...

+1 on what Blackeagle said -- keep your gun on your person at all times.

On this and other boards, I have read about a large number of situations where folks have been caught unprepared while at home. It has always been a source of amazement to me that so many of us can become complacement simply because we're at home. Our homes are only as safe as the willingness of the next BG to break into it.

I wish your friend all of the best, and a speedy recovery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links