Darn FBI Couldn't....

Darn FBI Couldn't....

This is a discussion on Darn FBI Couldn't.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Read the fingerprint card that was submitted for my Arkansas CHL. I got an envelope in the mail today and was finally relieved the permit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Darn FBI Couldn't....

Read the fingerprint card that was submitted for my Arkansas CHL. I got an envelope in the mail today and was finally relieved the permit had shown up. Relief went to sheer disappointment when I find a letter saying I needed to be re-fingerprinted and send them back to the FBI since they were not readable. Looks like it will be another 6 to 7 week wait on them again. A LEO did the fingerprinting during our class and they looked nice and clear to me so who knows.

Oh well, my new G27 and High Noon Split Decision holster will continue to set and wait for deployment

Now that sucks....

In Missouri, the Sheriff must issue permit in 45 days whether back ground check is complete or not. Once issued, if FBI or Highway Patrol checks come back not qualified, then the Sheriff has to come revoke your permit. So... I would think, (hopefully) if you had to re-submit fingerprints due to prints not being readable, they would let you keep permit until that comes back.

It is kind of screwy but the law was written that permits must be issued within 45 days irregardless if all checks are complete.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by HuntBigBucs View Post
    Read the fingerprint card that was submitted for my Arkansas CHL. I got an envelope in the mail today and was finally relieved the permit had shown up. Relief went to sheer disappointment when I find a letter saying I needed to be re-fingerprinted and send them back to the FBI since they were not readable. Looks like it will be another 6 to 7 week wait on them again. A LEO did the fingerprinting during our class and they looked nice and clear to me so who knows.

Oh well, my new G27 and High Noon Split Decision holster will continue to set and wait for deployment

Can you go for a LiveScan?

In my industry we have to fingerprint people. We always get three cards from them because more times than not they are rejected by the FBI. After 2 rejects they have to accept the 3rd.

Senior Moderator
    HuntBigBucs...

do you submit two sets of fingerprints ? They've been requesting two sets to make sure that at least one of them is readable. It really has cut down on the number of sendbacks.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

mine were scanned elecronically. The machine could tell instantly wether or not the print was good or not.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    mine were scanned elecronically. The machine could tell instantly wether or not the print was good or not.
    Same here, PLUS they can make copies for use in other states non-resident applications.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I had the same problem when I applied for non-res. FL. Emotions all jiggy when the envelope came in the mail only to be dashed when the notice for resubmission of the finger print card greeted me.

Well, there are enough of those bumper stickers around. We ought to know happens...

Don't be blaming the wrong party (-ies).
    Last edited by rocky; June 23rd, 2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added thought
    "Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." --- John Adams
    (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
    Source: Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

VIP Member
    That is very common here in Oklahoma. The OSBI is far worse than the FBI about bouncing prints though, so if they make it to the FBI they're usually fine.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

They did that to me too. Just go to the local police department and have them do it.

It will not take that long once they get the fingerprint card since they all ready processed everything else.

I think I got mine the next week after I sent the other card into them.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    HuntBigBucs...

do you submit two sets of fingerprints ? They've been requesting two sets to make sure that at least one of them is readable. It really has cut down on the number of sendbacks.
    I only sent in one card. I think I will request two cards done when I go to ASP headquaters Tuesday. I am under the impression AR does not have the electronic option available. But I will inquire, never hurts to ask

It helps a lot to have a competent fingerprint technician take the prints. It's not as easy as it looks. You can help by relaxing as much as possible and letting the tech manipulate each finger, without trying to help. A good technician will review the card on the spot and roll another set if the first one looks questionable.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

the electronic prints are fun. they are really cool and the lady that did em for me was really nice & we had a good talk about gun control :)

I hope I don't have a problem with prints on my CCW... since none were taken. I assumed it was just a Kentucky thing (we're not very formal in this state). Hopefully, the sheriff's office didn't overlook anything. From the size of the CCDW book I saw, the sheer volume of permits would seem to make the procedure pretty common. Enough to eliminate stupid mistakes, anyway.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    They did the same with my finger prints.and it was great. not all sherrif sub stations have the scanners and you may have to call around.

Man, am I glad we live just across the Mississippi in West Tennessee. I'd hate to have to go through that kind of hassle and wait for my carry permit.

I hope it goes well for you this time and it doesn't take too long. Good luck.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links