Comfort Needed Here - Page 2

Comfort Needed Here

This is a discussion on Comfort Needed Here within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i returned a holster to high noon b/c my girlfriend odered the wrong one. We called to see what was going on with it and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comfort Needed Here

i returned a holster to high noon b/c my girlfriend odered the wrong one. We called to see what was going on with it and they were pretty rude. Also if you send them something they only check their mail twice a month so it takes a while. because of the way they were on the phone I decided against accepting another one of their products and got a refund.

I agree a good belt makes a difference. I use belts from the beltman.

I ordered one of there "in stock" holsters and i was not impressed(high noon). They are in tarpon springs, Fl, which is about 30 minutes from me and are a factory, not an independant holster maker.

Anyways, back on topic, i find a ctac very comfortable, i have fallen alseep with it on.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Administrator
    The IWB that Andy at Horseshoe Leather makes is quite comfortable.
    Though I hardly ever carry IWB since OWB or a shoulder rig is no problem for me and my lifestyle.

Click Here To Go To The Horseshoe Leather Page.

Really you can't go wrong w/ Brommeland or Garrity or UBG and a couple of other fine makers listed above though if you would rather stick with a U.S. maker.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Another vote for the VMII + good gun belt.
    +1!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I carry a kytex ITW from http://www.candsweapons.com/noname1.htm they are a small company but do a real good job. I carry a G-35 witch is a pretty good size gun. I wear it all the time with no problems. Ive worn kytex before and had trouble with them breaking C&S made me a holster with extra thick material, no problems so far it's been about 9 months.
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I bought the Max con V last year and love it. I highly recomend it.

I routinely use UBG and Brommeland. If you can't find some comfort with these two holsters, then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck!

Tony

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Just ordered UBG Canute, Nate is back down under a month's wait.

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar
    high noon holsters....."closing argument"
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._argument.html

The most comfortable IWB holster I've found is the FIST #1 "ultrathin" kydex. It comes as close to adding no width to the pistol as possible - and for those of us who's belt size is larger than it used to be, that can be a significant issue...

I've also had good results from Milt Sparks Summer Special though it's much "bulkier"

Regards,

Kevin
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final..."

IWB for Comfort and Concealment

I have a Milt Sparks Executive Companion IWB holster and it is as fine a holster as you can get; but the 6 months plus wait is too long. My next holster for my Glock 23 was the model UNS IWB in horsehide from K.L. Null Holsters LTD.,161 School Street N.W.Hill City Station,Resaca, GA 30735, telephone 706-625-5643. Ken Null is a gentlemen and a master craftsman, and you deal with him directly. He promised me a holster in 2 weeks -- and he delivered. The same quality as Milt Sparks at a lesser price... without the 6 month wait. Highly recommended.

I second Deputy1199's recommendation of Ken Null and his products. Every holster of his I have ever owned has been first rate. I've met him face-to-face and he is a solid gentleman.

As I write this I have just returned from shopping for some clothes and was struck by the fantastic carry options that men have these days; its the best I've seen in 30 years. Great looking slacks and shorts are available with expanding waistbands so you don't have to be uncomfortable with IWB carry. In addition, camp shirts are in style and plentiful so that you can easily hide an OWB holster even in summer. At the office, people are wearing the camp shirts with management approval in a business casual environment. If you can't conceal a handgun these days you just aren't trying very hard.

VM2

I've tried them all. Save yourself a bunch of money; and, go buy yourself a VM2. At least with this holster, if you decide that you don't like it, you'll be able to sell it for what you paid for it. Your lucky to sell most of the others at a greatly reduced price. I have 4 VM2H's.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

The Watch Six is a great holster as well. No complaints here about Milt Sparks holsters.

After trying and discarding more holsters than I care to remember during the past 30+ years, I suggest a rough side out finish in IWB holsters. For my body type I've found that a smooth side out holster just wants to slide down my hip like a sled on ice; and yes, I use a 1 1/2" double thick gunbelt.

I still have 2 months to wait until my VMII shows up, so I got a Crossbreed Supertuck to fill in. I'm getting very fond of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links