Quote Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
Yeah, you're probably right. The whole Bill of Rights thing is really overblown. I mean, why insist on your rights when it might just get you hassled. Blacks should sit at the back of the bus and us lowly citizens should just keep our heads down and hand over our "papers" when asked by the police. Insisting that they have probable cause for arrest, or that we get a trial by jury of our peers is just tempting fate.

When the government tells us something, we should just remember that they know what's good for us. And we should be happy with the privileges they let us have.

I'm sure that's the best way to go.

Your sarcasm aside, why tempt fate? If you know that there will be a problem, why cause it? Are you looking for a 2nd amendment lawsuit? If so, I hope you have big bucks, and don't mind the jail time. Personally, I agree with you, but I don't see any point in allowing yourself to go through that much hassle. And, if you haven't immediately gone to the sheriff's office to register your gun, if you get stopped on day 2 of your stay, you're going to have a charge of carrying a nonregistered gun. It;s your business, do what you want.
Let us know how it turns out.