Sandusky Register Posts CCW List (MERGED)

Sandusky Register Posts CCW List (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Sandusky Register Posts CCW List (MERGED) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure what to say about this. I even debated with myself bringing this up to not make it even more public. I figured ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandusky Register Posts CCW List (MERGED)

Exclamation Sandusky Register Posts CCW List (MERGED)

I'm not sure what to say about this. I even debated with myself bringing this up to not make it even more public. I figured it was only a matter of time until Google news grabbed it and let the cat out of the bag.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/arti...ont/321675.txt

The Sandusky Register under the guise of advocating "open government" just made public the complete list of CCW holders in four Ohio counties. I am speechless that anyone could make such a galactically stupid move. Feel free to read the comments of the overwhelmingly negative public feedback at the bottom.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Don't these idiots ever learn?

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Well, here we go again.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I emailed the editor.

Dear Editor:

I strongly suggest that you reach back, breathe deeply, and smack some sense into yourself. It is NOT RIGHT to make private information of the most LAW ABIDING citizens anonymously available on your web site. I urge you to look into the repercussions of your actions - they will be similar to those that others in your position have had come their way.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/roundtable/...column_12.html

http://forums.argusleadermedia.com/viewtopic.php?t=4151

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/p...48/1018/NEWS02

What you, and these others, are doing is extremely reckless and dangerous. You are providing information to criminals that is not meant for their eyes - namely, a shopping list of those persons most likely to have firearms in their home. All it takes is a telephone book or a quick Internet search to determine where these people reside. As a matter of public safety, PLEASE remove this list from your site. It does you, nor your writers, any credit to get web hits/views at the expense of honest people.

Sincerely,

Moi
    Virginia

I thought there was some sort of legistlation passed recently to make sure things like this was avoided in Ohio?

What a moron.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I was born and raised in Ohio.
    Glad I don't live there anymore.
    Dave

Email sent to the managing editor:

mattwesterhold@sanduskyregister.com

The editors of the Sandusky Register may come to change their stance, if there is any justice in this world. An Ohio State Representative did. Below is a post taken from another message board.::

The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that State Representative Michael DeBose (D-Cleveland) is seeking an Ohio Concealed Handgun License after twice voting against the concealed carry laws that were passed in 2004.

Unfortunately, like many people, it took the survival of a violent attack for Rep. DeBose to understand the importance of the innate right guaranteed by the Ohio Constitution: "The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security."

Quote:
    The loud muffler on a car that slowly passed as he was finishing the walk caught his attention, though. When the car stopped directly in front of his house - three houses from where he stood - he knew there was going to be a problem.

"There was a tall one and a short one," DeBose said, sipping on a McDonald's milkshake and recounting the experience Friday.

"The tall one reached in his pocket and pulled out a silver gun. And they both started running towards me."

"At first I just backed up, but then I turned around and started running and screaming."
    =========================================
    Representative DeBose now realizes that:

Quote:
    "I was wrong," he said Friday.

"I'm going to get a permit and so is my wife.

"I've changed my mind. You need a way to protect yourself and your family.

"I don't want to hurt anyone. But I never again want to be in the position where I'm approached by someone with a gun and I don't have one."

DeBose said he knows that a gun doesn't solve Cleveland's violence problem; it's merely a street equalizer.

"There are too many people who are just evil and mean-spirited. They will hurt you for no reason. If more people were packing guns, it might serve as a deterrent.

I just looked at what that idiot paper did and cranked off an E-mail of my own. I've tried calling as well.
    There is a level of stupidity with that "article" that defies description.

Publishing those names of people with CCW permits is possibly the most irresponsible thing I have ever seen by an Ohio paper.

These people deserve their privacy and a sense of well being. I can think of no group of citizens that have the exemplary track record of this group.

Your thoughtless action may result in these people being targeted for all kinds of things, ranging from stolen guns to having their lives put in jeopardy.

If I weren't so disgusted, I'd be embarrassed for you. Ohio is being toasted on the Web.

This was unforgivably ignorant and shallow. That, in turn, means that I'm likely typing this for nothing. I suspect the other people who I'll be communicating with, won't struggle to understand.

Again, taking an incredible leap faith that you'll be "enlightened" on what you've done, you'll have to live with the ongoing harm you've exposed decent people.......................................what' s the point?
    Last edited by JD; June 25th, 2007 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Two posts less than 10 minutes apart.

Quote Originally Posted by hd1. View Post
    The editors of the Sandusky Register may come to change their stance, if there is any justice in this world. An Ohio State Representative did. Below is a post taken from another message board.::

The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that State Representative Michael DeBose (D-Cleveland) is seeking an Ohio Concealed Handgun License after twice voting against the concealed carry laws that were passed in 2004.

Unfortunately, like many people, it took the survival of a violent attack for Rep. DeBose to understand the importance of the innate right guaranteed by the Ohio Constitution: "The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security."

Quote:
    The loud muffler on a car that slowly passed as he was finishing the walk caught his attention, though. When the car stopped directly in front of his house - three houses from where he stood - he knew there was going to be a problem.

"There was a tall one and a short one," DeBose said, sipping on a McDonald's milkshake and recounting the experience Friday.

"The tall one reached in his pocket and pulled out a silver gun. And they both started running towards me."

"At first I just backed up, but then I turned around and started running and screaming."
    =========================================
    Representative DeBose now realizes that:

Quote:
    "I was wrong," he said Friday.

"I'm going to get a permit and so is my wife.

"I've changed my mind. You need a way to protect yourself and your family.

"I don't want to hurt anyone. But I never again want to be in the position where I'm approached by someone with a gun and I don't have one."

DeBose said he knows that a gun doesn't solve Cleveland's violence problem; it's merely a street equalizer.

"There are too many people who are just evil and mean-spirited. They will hurt you for no reason. If more people were packing guns, it might serve as a deterrent.
    Might want to call the Honorable Rep.

VIP Member
    These people just don't learn. It's sad and infuriating at the same time.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I'm not all that good at cutting, pasting etc., but that is the EXACT E-mail I sent to the Sandusky Register.

Matt Westerhold will be paid back in spades via karma.

Publishing those names of people with CCW permits is possibly the most irresponsible thing I have ever seen by an Ohio paper.

These people deserve their privacy and a sense of well being. I can think of no group of citizens that have the exemplary track record of this group.

Your thoughtless action may result in these people being targeted for all kinds of things, ranging from stolen guns to having their lives put in jeopardy.

If I weren't so disgusted, I'd be embarrassed for you. Ohio is being toasted on the Web.

This was unforgivably ignorant and shallow. That, in turn, means that I'm likely typing this for nothing. I suspect the other people who I'll be communicating with, won't struggle to understand.

Again, taking an incredible leap faith that you'll be "enlightened" on what you've done, you'll have to live with the ongoing harm you've exposed decent people.......................................what' s the point?

I use to think that people that didn't get licenses because they didn't want the "gov't in their business" were just old codgers that were paranoid at the world...but now I can understand why some don't.

Maybe we should start posting the names and address of celebrities in our papers or people that have been raped or people that have been divorced...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links