Guess what I just got?

This is a discussion on Guess what I just got? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a phone call from the Montgomery County Circuit Court Clerk who called to inform me that my CHP application was accepted and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess what I just got?

Guess what I just got?

I got a phone call from the Montgomery County Circuit Court Clerk who called to inform me that my CHP application was accepted and I can come pick it up*.

*Except I am living 4 hours away from Montgomery Co. for the summer. I may have to make a vacation out of it and get some friends to go down with me and maybe go white water rafting or somethin.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Good news for sure but pity the distance is so large. Making a short vacation sounds like a plan!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I could make that drive in 3 hours 20 minutes!

Congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Congrats...

on the new permit...

I do believe I would MAKE that 4 hour drive...you can't drive too far for self-defense...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I could make that drive in 3 hours 20 minutes!

Congratulations!
    I could too...but since Virginia just passed a law saying that the fine for speeding is something like $3k I think i will stick with 4 hours.

Make that Drive,you will be glad you did!

Hell, take a bus and make a week of it.

Congrats on the permit! Welcome to the ranks!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Look out wally world here comes another one.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Great news! Hit the road, Jack!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

great news to hear! Virgina is crazy about speeding, make it 4+ hour drive....lol

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    I could too...but since Virginia just passed a law saying that the fine for speeding is something like $3k I think i will stick with 4 hours.
    Lol yeah same here - it goes effective July 1st or so I hear. Another one of those darn closet sessions from last year. They know darn well if everyone knew they were trying to get this passed last year it would have never happened. Worst part is that it has nothing to do with speeding or enforcing the rules of the road. They already admitted the SOLE purpose for the increased fines was to PAY FOR ROADS.

Anyway, enough of my ranting and raving. Congrats...and yes...make the 4hr drive. Your life IS worth it.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Yea, and the bill's sponsor owns a traffic ticket law firm.....

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Congrats - I hear the nachos calling you!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

congrats. you might want to make sure how long you have to pick it up. when i received my notice, it said i had 10 days to pick it up or i'd have to redo the entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    congrats. you might want to make sure how long you have to pick it up. when i received my notice, it said i had 10 days to pick it up or i'd have to redo the entire process.
    Phaed, you're not in VA are you? I don't ever remember anything in VA law saying you absolutely had to pick it up in 10 days or you had to do it all over again.

If you're in VA, who said that? I'd send a note to the guys at VCDL and find out what's going on in your county. Also, check out the code: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+15.2-915

And for them to say you have to "redo" the entire process would suggest to me that for that to be the case, that would mean they revoked your permit if you didn't pick it up in x days. They don't have the authority to revoke it except for very specific circumstances: A) you have felony charges pending, B) If you were already convicted of an offense which would disqualify you, C) If you are the subject of a protective order, and D) I think if you've been convicted of a class 1 misdemeanor due to being found under the influence of alcohol or drugs while carrying in a public place.

-Just my Opinion and NOT LEGAL advice(and obviously dependent on whether or not your application was in VA!).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links