Michigan to Missouri CCW

This is a discussion on Michigan to Missouri CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this weekend I'm heading off for a week in Missouri to visit family, and of coarse I'm planning on carrying. Anyone got anything I ...

Thread: Michigan to Missouri CCW

Michigan to Missouri CCW

So this weekend I'm heading off for a week in Missouri to visit family, and of coarse I'm planning on carrying. Anyone got anything I should know about missouri? Also, most the way will be driving through Illinois, So of coarse I'll have my gun locked away in the trunk- well maybe not after the last stop before st. louis...

2. Remove Ads

You should be good to go in MO. Watch for 'posted' locations, there's no requirement to alert LEO...

You staying in St. Louis, or moving on into the great state of Missouri? There's some nice places to visit in this state, once you get past the 'loo. KC can be rough in places as well. Kinda like the country in miniature... Stay away from the big cities on the left and right coast, and you'll be just fine :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

VIP Member
    You'll be fine in Missouri and Missouri honors all states permits. Its hard to tell you what area to stay in in the St. Louis area without offending some one but I stay in the South County area. Good Luck and stay Safe. If you need more help in what area to stay in St. Louis just PM me.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    You might want to check this out for a quick overview
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/StateLaws.pdf.
    What area are you planning to visit?
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thank god, Illinois is a skinny state, can drive across without having to stop and fill up even, if you stop in Terra Haute first.

When I go to Michigan and return out of Michigan I come down through Ft. Wayne, and Indianapolis and pick up I- 70 then head west and avoid the Chicago area or I-80 all together.

Suppose it's where you are coming from though. I made trips to the Soo in UP.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    When I go to Michigan and return out of Michigan I come down through Ft. Wayne, and Indianapolis and pick up I- 70 then head west and avoid the Chicago area or I-80 all together.
    Thats the way I take. Once in Missouri, I'll be heading first to West Plains, then eventually on to the Ft. Leonard Wood army base to visit dear old mom.

VIP Member
    West Plains is quite away from Fort Leonard Wood. You will be taking a lot of state highways so you will be fine. Do me a favor, In West Plains drive up and down Porter Wagner Blvd for me. I like the old timers.

We have 17 places you can't carry in Missouri but it's not even a misdemeanor ($100.00 fine) .... 1.) if you are identified as carrying in a no-no place, 2.) if you don't leave when asked and 3.) if the police are called and issue you the citation. Just look for the no CCW signs. Many have come down since CCW was implemented in 2004.

For more info, go to http://www.ago.mo.gov/Concealed-Weap...y-Missouri.htm

Links