pulled over

pulled over

This is a discussion on pulled over within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; have not got a ticket in 5 years, and not pulled over since i got my ccw. was heading out to the grasslands to shoot ...

Thread: pulled over

pulled over

have not got a ticket in 5 years, and not pulled over since i got my ccw. was heading out to the grasslands to shoot with a friend. had my two ar's and some pistols. was getting on to highway 85 and thought the speed limit was 55.NO was 45. i was going 60
    so there he was, sitting in the median. passed him like it was no big deal.(greeley pd) he pulled out and the lights went on. pulled over and gave him all the paper work and my permit. he asked if the gun was close. i told him one was and all the others were in the back and we were going shooting. he just thanked me for giving him my permit and telling him i had guns with me. 10 min later and he gave me a warning to slow down and stay safe. very nice day it was.
    "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wow, 15 over and just a warning. Congrats!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wonder if having a cc permit makes a difference when an officer is deciding whether or not to write a ticket...

See, we'll never know about that.... but I do believe in the common courtesy of advising LEO you are carrying whether you are obligated to or not!

JMHO YMMV
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    See, we'll never know about that.... but I do believe in the common courtesy of advising LEO you are carrying whether you are obligated to or not!

I don't. Especially not in GA.

And I hope we don't get to go through this discussion again.

Good deal brian77! I think your courtesy in telling the officer your status let him know you are something other than your average joe on the road and may have impacted his decision.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    I wonder if having a cc permit makes a difference when an officer is deciding whether or not to write a ticket...
    not sure but i think he might have felt bad for me. i was pretty nervous and think he could tell.
    you think he knew what the RKBA sticker on the back of my explorer
    stands for? or did he even look
    "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sounds like a good stop. I would say that officer's attitude was typical of most of the officers I know. Writing tickets is not what their dreams are made of. Respect is a two way street, if you treat them decently, they will treat you decently. If you give them a hard time, don't forget to press hard, you will be making three copies!

Good job......however now I am thinking that maybe the CCW permit is worth it just to avoid the tickets our one of our local police departmets likes to give out like it's candy on halloween (all of you Grand Rapids people know I am talking about Wyoming).

thanks for sharing the story. glad it went ok. i really like hearing good stories about cops. too many people bring up their kids teaching them blindly that LEO's are evil. the media tries it's damnedest to do it too sometimes.

If you give them a hard time, don't forget to press hard, you will be making three copies!
    lol

He knew you were a certified good guy and he treated you accordingly. That is always nice to see.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sponsored Links