LEO drops his guard - Page 2

LEO drops his guard

This is a discussion on LEO drops his guard within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by titleist I explained it to my uncle and tried to get an explanation: "All cops like to talk about two things, cars ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEO drops his guard

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    I explained it to my uncle and tried to get an explanation: "All cops like to talk about two things, cars and guns"
    Thats the best I could get...
    I wished more of our LEO's took an interest in their guns and knew a bit about the laws regarding them.

Administrator
    Wow, this guy needs to get tuned up a little. This thread goes along with the other and shows why I refuse to talk to the public in person about my weapons... its just a bad idea all around.
    "Just blame Sixto"

WOW, that guy needs some remedial training.
    I had a fresh academy grad. that refused to keep one in
    the chamber, after 3rd time of warning him,
    I had to let him go.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    WOW! He must have been sleeping through his "officer safety" training!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    WOW! He must have been sleeping through his "officer safety" training!
    Or absent the day God passed out commen sense.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    I He knew we all were armed, my fire station is better protected than the police station at shift change....
    LOL! Sounds like my station! I think I'm possibly the only one who does not have a sidearm ready inside my truck at shift change! Of course, that is going to change within the next 4 weeks once my birthday rolls around! NEW GUN TIME!!

In addition to the point that the OP was making, I can kinda-sorta-maybe-somehow-a-little-bit see how that happened. I had a brother whom we had had a discussion about carrying a few days before come up and give me a quick pat down one day. We had a big roundtable discussion one night on-duty about carrying and guns and whatnot where the discussion ran into points about how this fellow brother c9uld tell right off if someone was carrying. My retort to that was in fact that he had never seen me carrying even though I had certaonly been carrying my sidearm off-duty in the firehouse and he had no idea. For point, this person is someone I trust with my life and have absolute confidence in as far as letting them know that I carried a firearm. He called BS on me and the discussion kinda went in a different direction soon after. Fast forward a couple of days and I come walking into the firehouse with my XD at the normal position. Unbeknownst to me, this brother got behind me and quick-patted me to see if I was carrying. He MISSED the XD at the 1:30 position and proceeded to tell me that I was full of cah-cah. I told him he was absolutely wrong and left it at that. Fast-fast forward 24 hours when I got a chance to talk with him again on-duty and inform him that I was indeed carrying that day and he completly missed it...

The point is not that this whole situation went down, but the fact that I was in the firehouse where I do NOT expect someone to get to my firearm. Hence the fact that this person got in close to me and actually had enough time to at least quick pat me before I reacted. SHAME ON ME!!! Anywhere else I would have been cognizent of this person being so close and they never would have gotten a hand on me before they were on the ground upside-down explaining themselves. It WILL NOT happen again!

Your friend may certainly have been in the same mental scenario I was in. He knew you and was absolutely comfortable with you enough to take the actions that he did. Hopefully, like myself, he realized after what had really transpired and has slapped himself on the head and vowed that it won't happen that way again!

Hopefully!...
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

me
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    Your friend may certainly have been in the same mental scenario I was in. He knew you and was absolutely comfortable with you enough to take the actions that he did. Hopefully, like myself, he realized after what had really transpired and has slapped himself on the head and vowed that it won't happen that way again!
    At my station we are pretty different, first off we are Volunteers so when we are in the station we are carrying we will go out side to our vehicles before rolling to a call to drop our guns. But at my station a new carry gun is often handed around through about the 6 of us who carry and my sister who is 17. All we have to do is ask to see it, depending on whose it is they decide if they clear it. I had a G27 handed to me, from a different guy, with one in the chamber last Wednesday and was warned it was hot right from the start. The funny thing is all I asked was which Glock he had. When he handed it to me and said 27 I handed it back as I was hoping to see his 21 or 30, i know the 27. I then asked if he had seen my smith and he said no and asked to see it, I cleared it first then handed it off. Now before anyone flames there were always 2 loaded guns there (Bill's and Dad's or Mine and Dad's ) and I trust this guy with my life.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

that sounds so reassuring. i think I'll just ground my firearm and put all my faith into what is obviously the most well rounded individual best described so far. ...forgive me but, providing this is a real scenario, it spells pure "punk" to me and he has no purpose being in that position. :hand7:
    What's this button do?

I have respect for LEO's, my grandfather and wife's uncle were both LEO's and good guys, but what that LEO did is downright dangerous, and I'd dare say pretty dumb...

My weapon is on my person at all times. I know exactly what ammo is loaded in my weapon and I would NEVER hand my mag over to someone that I did not know very well.

Shame on that LEO.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links