etiquette for carrying into someone's home

This is a discussion on etiquette for carrying into someone's home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not know the relationship here but, think it could help. If you are the 'knuckle head' brother. It will take some time. But, ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: etiquette for carrying into someone's home

I do not know the relationship here but, think it could help.

If you are the 'knuckle head' brother. It will take some time. But, consider this.

The more time you spend with your brother, the stronger your relationship will be. While leaving in in the car is risky, it shows him you respect his wishes as well as his kids life [ in his eyes ].

The more time you 'hang out' with him. The more places you will go together. Everytime you are provided the opportunity, go in your car. Also, always put your gun on once outside the house and back to the car.

At some point, which will actually happen fairly quickly he will see a responsible citizen in his brother, or the 'knuckle head'.

Don't force anything, just be yourself. If you are a responsible person it will show. Honesty is always the best policy.

I doesn't sound like you two were raised around guns. But, you were raised around each other I assume. This common bond will be a bridge.

IMHO
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." Psalm 144:1

2. Remove Ads

Responding directly to the OP, "His/her house, his/her rules."

If my sister, sister-in law, mother, mother-in law or best friend told me not to carry in their home, I would sadly have to tell them what kind of position that I felt this put me and my family in, and unless we could come to some compromise, they would have to visit me at my home or in some other non-familial area like the mall or a restaurant. My family pretty well know that I hate and avoid malls as much as possible, and I know that I can't carry into an establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises.

I have yet to run into this with my family, but they also have a safe yet convenient place for me to stow my weapon when I get to their homes. This is for my benefit and comfort, not to get my gun off of me.

If I am going to someone else's home that I don't know well, I stay with the concealed means concealed crowd until I know this persons views.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links