Had a good scare last night at work

This is a discussion on Had a good scare last night at work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was working the graveyard shift, and around 1:00AM, a drunk guy decided he was going to discharge a shotgun in the middle of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a good scare last night at work

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Had a good scare last night at work

I was working the graveyard shift, and around 1:00AM, a drunk guy decided he was going to discharge a shotgun in the middle of the parking lot where I work. What he was shooting at exactly, I don't know. I had my Glock 19 on me at the time (against company policy), and this pretty much has me convinced that I won't go to work unarmed. Had he came through the drive thru (I work at Mcdonalds), or shot at the building, it could've been much worse. I felt safer with my G19 on my person, concealed under my uniform. My life simply isn't worth a low paying job, but I do need the $ for school. So I have to reconsider my carry options. I may have to look for an ankle holster for my SP101. The manager did call the cops, but it took them FORTY minutes to arrive.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I was working the graveyard shift, and around 1:00AM, a drunk guy decided he was going to discharge a shotgun in the middle of the parking lot where I work. What he was shooting at exactly, I don't know. I had my Glock 19 on me at the time (against company policy), and this pretty much has me convinced that I won't go to work unarmed. Had he came through the drive thru (I work at Mcdonalds), or shot at the building, it could've been much worse. I felt safer with my G19 on my person, concealed under my uniform. My life simply isn't worth a low paying job, but I do need the $ for school. So I have to reconsider my carry options. I may have to look for an ankle holster for my SP101. The manager did call the cops, but it took them FORTY minutes to arrive.
    I think you did well. You didn't panic and draw without figuring out what the threat was, or if there was even a tangible threat (could it have been a backfire, or a large firecracker?)

VIP Member
    Yeah... it's not like you couldn't find another fast food job if they found you out!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

40 minutes...wow.

you should really give up your own firearms, with response times like that, you can just rely on the cops to protect you.

glad no one was hurt.

VIP Member
    The manager did call the cops, but it took them FORTY minutes to arrive.
    Forty minutes for a call of a man with a shotgun which he is discharging? Wow.

Do what you need to do to stay safe!

It was a shotgun, because the cops found the spent shell, along with a pump action shotgun in the truck. The guy not only was drunk, but he was driving, and had a loaded 12 gauge with him. He still had 5 shots in the mag tube, ready to go.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Having lived in AK myself at one time, I know there are some yahoos out there, but that's anywhere you go. Glad nobody got hurt and keep carrying!

40 minutes. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    It was a shotgun, because the cops found the spent shell, along with a pump action shotgun in the truck. The guy not only was drunk, but he was driving, and had a loaded 12 gauge with him. He still had 5 shots in the mag tube, ready to go.

Are you saying the idiot was still there 40 minutes later when the cops arrived???

VIP Member
    good job, but my question is why are you considering the sp101 over the glock?
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

64zebra... so he can have 2 guns? (i'm hoping)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The guy was driving up and down the road where I work, so it wasn't hard for them to catch him. It just took awhile for them to arrive.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    40 Minutes is insane.

Keep carrying your glock or better yet get a Kimber!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I bet you get his order right next time!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

If you're able to carry the Glock without being "made" I'd suggest sticking with it. Something like a S&W 642 or a comparable Taurus might make for a good supplement to that but I would (and DO) feel better armed when carrying a decent capacity auto loader than a 5 shot wheelgun.
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links