I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me! - Page 5

I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me!

This is a discussion on I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Echo_Four I wish people wouldn't say it is no big deal to flash your weapon. Here in Oklahoma open carry is illegal ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I wish people wouldn't say it is no big deal to flash your weapon. Here in Oklahoma open carry is illegal and if your weapon becomes exposed you are in violation of the law.
    Which is not to say you're suddenly a criminal doing criminal acts (despite the risk of being hauled in). No threat, and no reason to believe there will be a threat. That really should be the standard. The mere visibility of a firearm does not constitute a crime, no matter that it is held as an illegal act and worthy of being hauled in and charged with something. It's a sad salve to people's consciences that does nobody any good.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

New Member Array jeepsterwannabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    In some states you can lose your license if your gun is discovered.
    It is important to learn how to bend over, and what cover garments to wear depending upon how the gun is carried.

Not much sympathy from me. Learn what this is all about, dress around the gun, and be cautious about any movements which would reveal or print your gun.
    I can't blame the clerk, but the carrier of the gun.

Jerry

blame the gun ,Jerry, not the person

SelDefense

I am afraid you are correct, in Tucson and Phoenix there are a lot of sheep. Down here in Sierra Vista things are a bit more lax.

Half the city is either Retired Service or their families.

The sight of a weapon does not panic them.
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

Open carry is legal in Ohio, so I wouldn't worry about it myself. I keep mine covered, but if it ever gets seen so be it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    He must have thrown them off when he paid for his stuff....maybe that's why the PO didn't follow him. That, and the PO probably called in the plate which showed a CCW license.

Just a thought
    You bet that's what happened, the dispatcher got the clothing description and the officer knew it was he and checked the plate before he proceeded and it came up CCW.

NC's open carry laws are nebulous under the best of circumstances. I've never heard of anyone in the gun community recommending open carry since the determination of a problem is up to LE and the judge. The simplest solution is get a CCH and be done with the ambiguity of open carry.
    Signature? What signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Which is not to say you're suddenly a criminal doing criminal acts (despite the risk of being hauled in). No threat, and no reason to believe there will be a threat. That really should be the standard. The mere visibility of a firearm does not constitute a crime, no matter that it is held as an illegal act and worthy of being hauled in and charged with something. It's a sad salve to people's consciences that does nobody any good.
    ccw9mm, you're right, and a REASONABLE officer would surmise as much. A statement like that was included to appease the anti gun groups who KNEW they would lose in the CCW legislation had such things placed in the law during the process.

I live in TN, an "open carry" state that also has passed the "castle doctrine". However, people are still strongly urged to carry concealed for tactical AND polictical reasons.
    ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED...until --> Y O U <-- verify. Shoot straight, Be safe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    I knew that Chapel Hill is off limits to open carry, but not aware of Cary. Thank you for the info. I will have to look into that. Charlotte had this matter come before City Council some time back, but it was quickly dismissed.
    Filing that one away as well. Thanks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links