I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me!

This is a discussion on I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was picking up a few odds and ends with the assistance of one of the "knowledgeable" 16 year old employees when he dropped a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me!

I was picking up a few odds and ends with the assistance of one of the "knowledgeable" 16 year old employees when he dropped a couple of the stakes I was getting. I was helping him get them up when I realized my cover shirt had ridden up and you could barely see my PF9.
    No big deal, I didn't think he saw it. Fast forward to me paying at the counter and I notice the same kid whispering to the little girls working the register then one of the girls gave me this weird look. Right away I figured what he was telling them. The store is not posted, however I figured I'd just quickly pay and leave.
    As I'm walking across the parking lot guess who comes flying in, yep, it's the police. He drives down the isle I'm walking in and as he gets to me I reach my truck. He pulled over and sat there watching me unlock, enter and drive away, staring me down the whole time. He never spoke to me and didn't follow me out, guess he figured since I wasn't running out the door, everything was okay.

That was a close call man. I just don't understand some people. I guess you can't really blame a 16 yr old.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

*shaking head* Some people just don't have a very large knowledge base... But they are all experts! We call them
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm surprised a 16 year old noticed anything LOL glad it didnt turn ugly with the local popo's though.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

Is it illegal to flash in NC?

I see that you are from youngsville I also work in youngsville and was wondering what hardware store this happend at.

Smile 16 y/o and guns

Good example of why as gun enthusiasts need to teach our children about guns so if they make someone it is no big deal, but even a better example of why we need to mentor the youth around us about the joys and responsibility of gun ownership. Lord knows that they get feed a non-stop diet of anti-gun propaganda, and irresponsible gun usage. Look at how weapons are portrayed on TV and in movies. Schools teaching the anti gun agendas and making gun owners sound like nuts. No one will fight the antis for us. We must fight them ourselves. Teach the children when they are young and we will build our forces against the anti's. If a child is taught about guns and responsibility, when they grow up they are less likely to misuse a weapon, and if not be pro gun, at least neutral to them. As Crosby Stills and Nash sang "teach the children well." Anyone besides me remember when schools used to have competitive shooting teams? Lets get back to those days.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Senior Moderator
    Just remember that even if you did speak with the police the worst that could have happened would be them telling you to try to keep it better concealed next time.

You did absolutely nothing illegal.

Assistant Administrator
    So so sad - we are now in a society where this can happen.

This ''gun phobia'' is all around and sometimes I wish it was more general knowledge that LEGAL carry is a possibility in more states than not. It is amazing just how few folks seem to know that it is LEGAL, for us good guys to be armed.

We as CCW's get accused of paranoia sometimes but heck - the paranoia is on the heads of the ill-informed and anti's. "It's a gun" - horror ... call the cops.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

In some states you can lose your license if your gun is discovered.
    It is important to learn how to bend over, and what cover garments to wear depending upon how the gun is carried.

Not much sympathy from me. Learn what this is all about, dress around the gun, and be cautious about any movements which would reveal or print your gun.
    I can't blame the clerk, but the carrier of the gun.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    In some states you can lose your license if your gun is discovered.
    It is important to learn how to bend over, and what cover garments to wear depending upon how the gun is carried.

Not much sympathy from me. Learn what this is all about, dress around the gun, and be cautious about any movements which would reveal or print your gun.
    I can't blame the clerk, but the carrier of the gun.

Jerry
    Thankfully VA isn't one of those crazy states. I will keep it concealed the best i can but I am not going to jump through hoops to make sure not even a sliver of my gun NEVER EVER EVER shows. Give me a break. I am all about "concealed is concealed" but #$@! happens and sometimes you print and sometimes your cover garment moves the wrong way. Its really not a big deal, and the odds of anyone really noticing are slim....but even if they did notice then you still have a permit and are not doing anything illegal.

Lead Moderator
    I probably would have approached the officer and asked if anything was wrong. Letting em know you are a Good guy isn't a bad idea. (but up here most LE are CCW friendly).
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

In the PRC you would've been charged with "brandishing" a weapon, it can cost you plenty.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I suppose I don't see the difference if you are carrying and it comes visible. Hows that different from open carry? As long as your not in a place that has no concealed/no open, than your on both sides of the aspect.

On a positive note,sounds like the officer had a fast response time!That kid is probable taught by company standards to notice anything like t hat and call the police immediately. I worked parttime at blockbuster once,and they specifically trained us, if we saw ANYBODY with a weapon visible that was not a marked officer to immediately alert management,and call the police. ANY VISIBLE CARRY OF A WEAPON. Even leathermans have a knife on them,thats a weapon.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I don't know this for a fact but I think I saw it on here somewhere that in Texas it is not "brandishing" unless you point it at some one does anyone know the definition of "brandishing" in Texas?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links