July 4th - Page 2

July 4th

This is a discussion on July 4th within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The very first fireworks that went off near us about four days ago really gave me a start. My husband had just gone to take ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 4th

Senior Moderator
    The very first fireworks that went off near us about four days ago really gave me a start.

My husband had just gone to take the trash out and I heard what sounded far to similar to gunfire and after a few moments John still wasn't coming back in.

Your mind is an amazing animal but something it can be your worst enemy.

I hadn't seen him take a gun out with him and yet he wasn't coming back in. There have been a few incidents where the police have been called for domestic disturbances for the people right next to the trash dump across the parking lot. They are always screaming and threatening each other with violence. All I could think of was that my husband was laying dead in a parking lot or in some other trouble from being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and I'm sitting on the couch on the phone.

I could not sit idly by and let the possibility even linger.

I told the person I was talking to to I'd call them back, I shoved my Kimber in my waste band and went running down stairs with my cell phone in hand.

I opened the front door of the apartment building to find him sitting on the stairs having a smoke in the cool night air.

He smiled up at me, took a confused glance at the gun stuck in my waste band with my hand over it and put two and two together.

"It's just fireworks. I'm okay. I'll be in in a second."

It was a big relief off of my mind to see him on those steps, alive and well and not bleeding (or standing over someone else who was dead or bleeding), and I also realized that for the next few days I'd have to cool it and take all sounds of gunshots in stride as it's that time of year for fireworks.

I try to ignore them, but they do make my head snap up every now and then.

It's just part of the seasonal hazards.

VIP Member
    Imagine what it was like at Fort Mchenry in 1814,defending against the British...."the rockets red glare,the bombs bursting in air"...looked just like last nite to me!

I started to watch the Macy's display on tv. The wife decided she wanted to look at Lifetime, so I went to bed with the sounds of fireworks lulling me to sleep in the background.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Thank god the names don't match.

I read on CNN that a guy in Ohio shot and killed several people over a dispute about loud 7/4 parties in the neighborhood.

I immediately thought of this thread, remembered original poster's address of "Ohio," and thought, "Sheez, don't let it be a forumite!"

(Well, I'd rather it wasn't a gun owner period, but...)

Guy angry over fireworks party shoots several, kills two in Ohio

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A neighbor apparently angry about fireworks at a noisy Fourth of July party shot three people to death early Thursday and wounded two others, police said.

Terrance Hough Jr., a 35-year-old off-duty firefighter, was arrested in connection with the shootings, police spokesman Lt. Thomas Stacho said.

No charges had been filed Thursday morning because police were still gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses, Stacho said. There was no phone listing for Hough's address.

Police had received a number of complaints in recent years about loud parties, fireworks and drag racing connected to the house where the victims were shot, Stacho said. Some complaint calls came from Hough's address, but no one called police about the party Thursday night.

The neighbors were throwing a party when two men and a woman, all in their 20s, were shot to death shortly after midnight, Stacho said. He said another man was shot in the elbow and a woman was wounded in the hand.

A police officer who lives nearby heard the shooting and arrested Hough, Stacho said. He said a handgun believed to have been used in the shootings was among a dozen guns found at the home.

The area of neat ranch homes overlooking the industrial Cuyahoga River valley is popular among firefighters and police officers who are required to live in the city.
    Ugh.

There have been a few incidents where the police have been called for domestic disturbances for the people right next to the trash dump across the parking lot. They are always screaming and threatening each other with violence.

One word: Move. That is a tender box waiting to ignite. It is everywhere it seems.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links