WoW what a day - Page 2

WoW what a day

This is a discussion on WoW what a day within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who's to say the guy didn't have blanks loaded?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WoW what a day

Who's to say the guy didn't have blanks loaded?
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Who's to say the guy didn't have blanks loaded?
    Oh I am pretty sure that it was not blanks
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Isn't "discharge of a firearm" loaded with blanks breaking the same law as "discharge of a firearm" loaded with birdshot?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

the least they could have done was fire tracers.

Hey guys, lighten up it was the fourth of July! You are supposed to make noise and celebrate. When I was a kid, we shot off fire crackers and fire works for a week. Since I have grown up I have loaded up my black powder guns and shot them off. Minus the lead. Just double patch them.

I agree shooting real live ammo in the air in town stupid.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    physics trivia:

Q: You point a gun skyward and fire a bullet. How fast is the bullet traveling when it hits the ground?

A: The same velocity that it left the muzzle at
    Google "terminal velocity".

Better yet, go bird hunting; if the shot came down at anything close to muzzle velocity, there'd be a lot of dead bodies every dove season.

Quote Originally Posted by kd5nrh View Post
    Google "terminal velocity".

Better yet, go bird hunting; if the shot came down at anything close to muzzle velocity, there'd be a lot of dead bodies every dove season.
    Myth Busters had a good show on this. A round straight up is not dangerous, but not straight up, problems. Interesting show.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    If you were alien-hunting on the moon (with virtually no atmosphere) and fired vertically, the projectile would reach the surface with the same speed with which it was launched. (Unless it was launched with a speed greater than escape velocity.)

On earth, the same projectile falls back from maximum height with increasing speed until it reaches terminal velocity, at which point the drag force from air resistance exactly equals the accelerating force due to gravity.

I wouldn't want to be under either bullet.

I was camping with a few friends recently. We were drinking a little and my guns were inside my tent at the time because of that. I tried to be as responsible as I can when it comes to firearms, as cheesy as that may sound. Well I noticed my one friend go into his tent to get something and didn't think anything of it. Well he got his 454 Kazul and blasted a shot into the air behind us scaring the living hell out of us all. I also noticed that I jumped up and grabbed for what I thought was still there, my gun...muscle memory I guess. Then I just reamed him for doing something so stupid and haven't been camping with him since. He finally realized why I haven't invited him to go camping and I was honest with him. I don't want to be around something that had firearms but don't handle them responsibly. That just how things can go bad.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    physics trivia:

Q: You point a gun skyward and fire a bullet. How fast is the bullet traveling when it hits the ground?

A: The same velocity that it left the muzzle at

This is why firing guns into the air is bad juju.

p.s. yeah, yeah, don't you nit-pickers get your panties in a bunch...there's a subtraction for air resistance too, but it detracts from the point.
    Well, from the start I have agreed that firing into the air is stupid and reckless and dangerous. Down here, several people were seriously injured by that kind of idiocy a couple years ago. And yes, hit the right way, a person can be killed by a falling bullet.

But that air-resistance and drag and such that you flippantly discount is good for quite a bit of slowing, you know. I don't have numbers, but that bullet's gonna fall to earth a LOT slower than it left the muzzle of the gun.

That doesn't mean I wanna be under it, but let's not overstate things.

As far as fireworks, me and my GF were sitting in the garage smoking a cigarette and playing "What's that sound". Every sound we were determining which was fireworks and which was handguns.

I won, it was a revolver. J/k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links