WoW what a day

WoW what a day

This is a discussion on WoW what a day within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my family and I went to see the fireworks today and I knew it would be a little crowded, so I decided to carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WoW what a day

WoW what a day

So my family and I went to see the fireworks today and I knew it would be a little crowded, so I decided to carry and extra clip for my Glock 27. When the fireworks finished I put my backpack on (Full of my daughters stuff.) and started to walk to the car. As I was walking the bag was hitting where the extra mag was at and I hear a thud. I heard a lady say Oh sir you dropped your. . . um OH you dropped your magazine! OH! UM here you go. I turned around and said I am sorry and thank you for grabbing that for me. Mind you I am kind of embarrassed because now I feel like people have made me and that I am sticking out like a soar thumb. So I took the extra mag and walked away with the crowd kind of fast and she cought up with me and said sir don't worry about I am glad that you are safe. Have a safe night. I said thank you and my family joked about it in the car. I am thinking that she or someone she knows carries because she was very calm and cool about picking it up and handing it to me.

So if that wasn't enough my father dropped my family and I off at my house and my neighbor across the street had a mountain of fireworks in the middle of the street. I said oh this is going to be a long night. So I pulled up a chair and watched this fools light their money away. So when everything was said and done and I was getting ready to come in this idiot guy goes for something near him walks to the street and started shooting his gun. Total of six shots and boy let me tell you on the 1st shot my shirt was up and my hand on my Glock 27. I was so freaking mad that I could of went crazy because he was shooting in the air.

It is pretty amazing how your muscle memory works when a big surprise like that is so close. I have to say that I was pretty shocked on how fast my hand was on my weapon. Sorry for the rant but boy oh boy did I learn some things today. I am going to have to call or email Nate to get a mag pouch that has a button so I can keep my mag where it should be. Well good night and hope everyone had a safe and good day Time for bed
    Last edited by JD; July 5th, 2007 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Removed language work around.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

JD
    Administrator
    Did you call the PD to report the shots fired?

Yeah that happens alot around here, people get stupid when it comes to firearms during the 4th. Thats good that you were alert enough to know the difference between some fireworks and gunshots.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

VIP Member
    And the Lady also knew that what she saw was a "magazine"... not a "clip"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    reminds me of the time I was leaving my brother's church while visiting for the weekend. I had my G30 IWB, wearing a sport coat to cover the nylon spare mag carrier, the kind with a metal clip to put on your belt. After services I was bolting out the door to go get the car (raining) and unkown to me the metal clip had slip up and my mag carrier fell off about 10ft out the door. I get back into the church doors and my mom comes up and says is this yours? I do the grab on the waist and say "oh crap" to myself. Some lady had picked it up and brought it back inside saying that someone dropped their cell phone. Luckily my mom was right there
    I don't use the metal clip anymore, the belt goes through the slot when I use it now.

I too get annoyed with everyone that shoots off the fireworks in town. Actually thats why I'm up now and on the computer. I can't sleep with everything shooting off around me
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Yep, some of the local idiots around here were shooting firearms off in the distance. I just hope and pray it that it is nothing more than birdshot.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Did you call the PD to report the shots fired?
    I would have. What a putz.

Your neighbor is an idiot.

I can tell you this, about half of our subdivision was setting off fireworks tonight. We got to see a ton of fireworks. And during the whole thing, I was as jumpy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Everything seems to make me a little jumpy. It sounded like down town Bagdad around here for a few hours.

I was of course carrying my G23 with a spare mag. Concealed under an untucked tanktop shirt in fact.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Several years ago, when I lived on Snead Dr. in Modesto, CA I awoke one new years night at about 11:55 PM to the sound of automatic gunfire right behind my house. Now that, my friends, is pretty gutsy!

Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    So my family and I went to see the fireworks today and I knew it would be a little crowded, so I decided to carry and extra clip for my Glock 27.
    One of my pet peeves, check out the link to you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzmVJ1rXD9U

sorry TJ it will not happen again. Thanks
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Member Array Cactus Jack Garner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    And the Lady also knew that what she saw was a "magazine"... not a "clip"!
    That was my thought, evidently she is very familiar around firearms.
    "Mercy is for the weak and the unprepared."

www.survivalmonkey.com

Hey TJ... welcome to the forum. I like you Avatar! Thanks for the YouTube link.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

You're quite fortunate that the Lady Mag Retriever at the Community Fireworks wasn't an alarmist, Chicken Little-type who didn't begin screaming "OH MY GOD! POLICE! HELP! OH MY GOD! HE'S GOT A GUN!!!" at the top of her freakin' lungs. In this world of highly emotional, over-the-top, trip-wire panic, panty waists it's nice to know there are still clam, rational, responsible human beings who can recognise those same traits in a stranger. Don't COUNT on always having that kind of luck!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

physics trivia:

Q: You point a gun skyward and fire a bullet. How fast is the bullet traveling when it hits the ground?

A: The same velocity that it left the muzzle at

This is why firing guns into the air is bad juju.

p.s. yeah, yeah, don't you nit-pickers get your panties in a bunch...there's a subtraction for air resistance too, but it detracts from the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links