Be honest, Who was in condition white during Fireworks?

This is a discussion on Be honest, Who was in condition white during Fireworks? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I caught myself a bunch of times falling into condition white at the beach tonight. Who else had a few white moments?...

View Poll Results: Where you in condition white during fireworks tonight?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, whole time

19 15.97%
  • No, not even once

68 57.14%
  • It happend, but I caught myself

32 26.89%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be honest, Who was in condition white during Fireworks?

I caught myself a bunch of times falling into condition white at the beach tonight. Who else had a few white moments?
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Fireworks?

We have a big drought here, fireworks are not allowed this year.

Heard a few, we just drank beer and grilled, BS'd with the rollergirls...

But I see your point, I guess all those kabooms would be distracting if sober.

VIP Member
    I cheated... I didn't go!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I'm with you Thumper, I didn't go either, wife had to work tonight so I stayed home with the kid.
    However when we do get to go I force myself to stay yellow because there are always "shady" characters coming by.

I'm kind of glad we didn't go tonight.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Moderator
    No fireworks... POURING rain!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Well, I wasn't out in public for them, but no, I was yellow as I try to always be.

I was among friends at a backyard party given by a member of SACFLA. It was cool. I don't know how many CCWs were there or not, but I'm sure it was at least a few. Or I'd like to hope so, anyway. Wouldn't want to be the only one.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I was a white, but I was also asleep at home. Unfortunately for the guy I was supposed to relieve tonight.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I fell asleep out on the golf course. So yeah, condition white all through the night.

Our country club throws on a July 4th event and does a huge fireworks display. We get to sit on the fairway while they launch them from the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    No fireworks... POURING rain!
    I told the kids we'd do fireworks when it got dark ...No fireworks... NO DARK!

Brian
    Outside of Fairbanks, Alaska

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I ended up seeing the new Transformers movie for the 2nd time, so no fireworks.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Nope, not here. The idot living behind us started shooting off fireworks on Tuesday afternoon. About 11:00pm Tuesday night he set off one of those multiple shot missile blocks - it was the size of a full case of beer and sounded like World War III !!! I haven't slept more than a couple hours at a time since Monday night.

Did I mention fireworks were illegal in Metro/Davidson County to begin with? On top of which, there's a bad drought here this Summer and the idiot was firing everything out across the dead, brown grass behind our apartment. It's the same guy that comes driving in with the bass turned up full blast in the middle of the night. I hate our neighbors, I really do.
    Jack

Yes, but I was in my living room watching them on TV, I can't stand crowds.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I was at home enjoying a nice pizza w/the fiancee :). We heard a CRAPTON of fireworks from my neighbor,it was insane. Whats condidtion white?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Does staying home and shooting your own off count as cheating? By doing it this way, I knew who was there, where they were at, and what was supposed to go bang and when (well sort of, some of the items we lit were a mystery on how they were going to act).

Had a great time - Not once in condition white.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Whats condidtion white?
    http://martialarts.jameshom.com/libr...y/aa071000.htm

This link will take you to a site that explains Col. Jeff Cooper's Color Codes of Awareness. May he rest in peace. Take a look and read the article. It's excellent and everyone should know them.

We all know people walking around in condition white. They are the people who are oblivious to what is going on around them. Have no idea what's going on 30 ft. away from them when they are putting the groceries in the trunk of their car, at the store. Or they are walking around with their headphones on, or chatting on their cell phone while walking down the street. They have no idea if anyone is coming at them. They are victims waiting to happen.

Condition yellow is the state in which all people should be in. It is a relaxed awareness. They are aware of their surroundings. They are aware that there is a 60 yr old lady putting her groceries in her trunk off to the right. There are two 30 something guys off to their left putting ice in their cooler. Little or no threat from these individuals. This is the state in which all concealed carry individuals (or all people for that fact) should be in at all times. It really seems to come naturally for most people when they start carrying.

Condition orange! You've just spotted a potential threat coming towards you in that grocery store parking lot. Your senses have arisen. The little hairs on the back of your neck have risen. Things just don't feel right. You are prepared to fight back if necessary. You have not pulled your firearm, but will if you must.

Condition red! The fight is on. You are being assaulted and are ready to defend yourself. You will pull your firearm or other weapon. You will fight until the threat has been neutralized.

Good stuff!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links