Yet another store that I won't deal with! - Page 2

Yet another store that I won't deal with!

This is a discussion on Yet another store that I won't deal with! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by luvmy40 He asked if that meant that I would shoot to kill. I said "If there is ever a need for me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    He asked if that meant that I would shoot to kill. I said "If there is ever a need for me to shoot in defense of my life, then yes I would shoot to kill. "That's why you can't carry your gun in my store!"
    I see, Mr. Proprietor. You care that much about the well-being of the guy who would come in to rob your store. Very human of you. (Also very stupid, but sooo very compassionate.)

You're right, the guy's a moron and it's a wonder he can run a business.

Am I being thick here or did he just tell me that he would rather see his employees and /or customers killed in a robbery than to have a criminal shot in his store?
    That's exactly how it came across.

Would be very funny if you and some fellow CCWers picketed outside his store with signs proclaiming his policy.

There are a lot of dumb people out there. You can't beat sense into their heads.

Just shop someplace that doesn't try to deny you your right of self protection.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I said "If there is ever a need for me to shoot in defense of my life, then yes I would shoot to kill. "That's why you can't carry your gun in my store!"

Am I being thick here or did he just tell me that he would rather see his employees and /or customers killed in a robbery than to have a criminal shot in his store?
    Yes, of course, the practical result of what he told you is: he'd prefer to avoid shootings, even if that shooting was in defense of an honorable person's life ... even at the expense of that person's life. He is most definitely choosing the clean bill of health for his store and conscience over the death of his employees.

I wonder what precautions he has taken on behalf of his staff and customers as an alternative to their own self-defense tools, since he's disarmed them all? In what way has he actually taken on the task of defending anyone? I would be willing to bet he thinks passing out business cards for his insurance agent is "proof" of his intentions. I'm sure the insurance guy is a fine person, but frankly I'd rather have my ability to defend myself, all things considered.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Here's an idea for people who actually spend a lot of money frequently at the type of places that post no guns.

Start mailing the "no guns allowed" stores a copy of your sales receipts of purchases made at "gun friendly" stores with a note that says... "More money out the door going to stores who are smart enough not to discriminate against good citizens. Don't you wish you made this sale?" or words to that effect.

For instance if you made several "big ticket" item purchases at a different store, maybe they'll get the message that it's about $$

I'm just spitballin here, so ignore if it's stupid idea... It's 4:45 am and I'm a bit tired. LOL
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    If opportunity lends itself again - change his question to your own question: saying something like
    "If I'm carrying concealed in your store and come across a BG holding YOUR DAUGHTER hostage with a knife - intending on taking her with him in his car and I had a good clear shot at him - what would you want me to do???
    For God, Family and Country!

Designated Victim Zone.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

"That's why you can't carry your gun in my store!"
    "So you consider the life of a robber more important than the lives of your customers?"

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Hey, maybe he has a son who's in prison, maimed by a defender, for armed robbery!

I agree with Barkn. Spend your dollars else where and send him a tally of what you spent. Have all CCW people you know do the same. He probably won't change his mind, but send it to the head office also.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I can't claim to know HIS reasoning, but I do know mine. As with many altercations, I'd walk away from this one and never frequent his store again.
    John 15:13 - Greater love have no man, than he who is willing to lay down his life for a friend. (Let's just pray we BOTH come out alive)

If the guns kill then pencils misspell words!

I said "If there is ever a need for me to shoot in defense of my life, then yes I would shoot to kill. "That's why you can't carry your gun in my store!"

Never shoot to kill, shoot to stop the threat. If that happens to kill the attacker, then so be it.

Tends to make those people shut their mouthes for a minute if you say 'shoot to stop the threat, no more, and no less'.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Tell him that you carry concealed, so do your friends, he will not know until the shooting starts, and he can't do anything to stop it short of installing metal detectors and doing strip searches.

What he's really thinking: Nobody shoots up a store like mine. Let the robbery proceed as it will. I don't want some yeehah customer in here causing a gunfight that will get me killed or worse yet on the news. Bad for business!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

The Ace hardware in my small rural gun friendly county would be laughed out of business if they put up a no guns sign. Hell they sell ammo for crying out loud.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickstir View Post
    The Ace hardware in my small rural gun friendly county would be laughed out of business if they put up a no guns sign. Hell they sell ammo for crying out loud.
    This place not only sells ammo, they are a deer check station!

Needles to say, this guy is never going to let truth or logic interfere with his warm fuzzy feeling of safety.
    I won't be going back there, ever.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links