Well the day finally came… - Page 2

Well the day finally came…

This is a discussion on Well the day finally came… within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh yeah... Bad day in LA for sure. But nice comparison Scrvoy....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well the day finally came…

Oh yeah... Bad day in LA for sure. But nice comparison Scrvoy.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Scrvoy View Post
    Want to know a secret? NO ONE NOTICED! No one, not the LEO’s, not the Security, and certainly not the shoppers ...

I discovered that I am guilty of “tells” I found myself checking that my shirt was still covering the butt of the 19 and a couple of times I hitched my pants up ...
    Trust me: with all the fidgeting, someone noticed. The nice thing is, you know about the fidgeting and can cure that. It'll get easier, with time.

Congrats on the new responsibilities!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Congrats from Charleston!!

I spend the next two hours walking this mall without buying anything. Want to know a secret? NO ONE NOTICED! No one, not the LEO’s, not the Security, and certainly not the shoppers paid me the least bit of attention!
    The goal of a CCW is that no one knows your are armed. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    and now we can teach you the "secret handshake"
    There's a secret hand shake?
    John 15:13 - Greater love have no man, than he who is willing to lay down his life for a friend. (Let's just pray we BOTH come out alive)

If the guns kill then pencils misspell words!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrvoy View Post
    Yes it is, but as Spiderman’s uncle once said “with great power comes great responsibility” I don’t feel that carrying gives me great power, but the statement still applies.
    Your newfound responsibility will have your spider sense tingling!

Congrats~
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

After yesterdays ventures into the land of concealed carry I made some adjustments and went out looking for it. You know, I looked all over town and could not find it… I searched the mall once more and it was not there, I stopped at Target feeling sure that it would be there, but once more I could not find it.

I then went to Wal-Mart looking for it, I did all of the things required by a newbie carry without spending the money that I don’t have right now, I checked out all the new styles of cover clothing, I perused the video section looking for Heat or another good “MACHO” movie, I wandered over to sporting goods but they were out of Winchester 147gr JHP ammo and a have a sufficient supply of WWB to last until payday. Then it was over to the grocery department to “shop” for all of the stuff to make my own nachos’ (our Wal-Mart does not have the snack-bar that sells the prefab grease and imitation cheese concoction called nachos’) In the end I left without buying anything, but after all of that I could not find it.

Because of the digging into my fat that my C-TAC is doing when I drive I stopped at Lowes on the way home looking for a piece of leather that I could fabricate into a skin guard. For the small price of $5.00 I bought a leather nail pouch with the plan of cutting it don and attaching it to the C-TAC, if it works I will post pictures. I looked all over Lowes and I still could not find it.

After that it was back home, kind of a disappointing day… but I will most likely find it tomorrow when I carry at work for the first time.

What is it? I am glad you asked! It is the flashing neon sign that floats over the newbie’s head announcing GUN! To all who pass by. I never felt that anyone was even paying me any attention, but I have read several accounts of first week carry where that sign was present. Shucks; I wanted to see it!
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

Congrats, welcome to the land of Packing.

Congrats on your new carry permit.

Carry in good health and avoid trouble when you can!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links