Well the day finally came…

This is a discussion on Well the day finally came… within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I sat at my computer this morning I saw the familiar yellow Jeep that brings my mail stop at my box. I peeked out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well the day finally came…

Well the day finally came…

As I sat at my computer this morning I saw the familiar yellow Jeep that brings my mail stop at my box. I peeked out the window and saw that she put something in the box as well as removing our mortgage payment. Because it has only been 82 days since I turned in my paperwork for CCW I felt no special excitement at seeing the mail come in and it took me the better part of an hour to wander out to the box.

But wait! What’s this? An envelope from S.L.E.D., with a card inside! I can hardly wait until I am back in the house to tear into that envelope… Yes! It’s finally here! This is the day that I have waited for and have spent the better part of this year planning for. My very own CWP, so crisp and new, and all mine.

After taking time to consider the great responsibility that this little piece of plastic affords me I strap on my C-TAC and put on my best cover shirt. Because I have planned to meet my wife for lunch at 2 I have to forgo the planned trip to Wal-Mart for now. I arrive early at her job and wait in the truck and make my first concealed carry discovery… no matter how comfortable that C-TAC is when I am walking around, it digs into my fat when I am setting behind the wheel for very long!

Because I had waited so long for this day, and because my wife has put up with me for all this time I could not wait until she was seated in the truck to take her hand and place it on my side so she could feel the weapon. At first she was concerned that I was carrying without the permit but I quickly pulled it out of my pocket and showed it to her. She was almost as happy for me as I was.

Lunch at McDonald’s almost starts off on the wrong foot because I discovered that my cover shirt has come un-tucked and the grip of my G19 is fully exposed! Well a quick adjustment next to the truck and on to dinner.

After dinner I wanted to find some place to test myself so I figured that the best thing is to jump into the deep end so I went to the mall. Not just any mall mind you but the mall that was recently the prime property of all the best gangs in our city. This mall has been cleaned up and the gangs are gone, but the reason that they stay gone is there is almost more LEO and security than shoppers. I spend the next two hours walking this mall without buying anything. Want to know a secret? NO ONE NOTICED! No one, not the LEO’s, not the Security, and certainly not the shoppers paid me the least bit of attention!

I discovered that I am guilty of “tells” I found myself checking that my shirt was still covering the butt of the 19 and a couple of times I hitched my pants up, but other that that I was pretty cool. So much so that after the wife got home we went to the other mall in town and walked around there for an hour before coming home and writing this.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats!

Now go to Wal-Mart!

Congratulations on finally getting your permit, great feeling ain't it!
    Jack

VIP Member
    Congratulations! Carry your new responsibility safely...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Congratulations on finally getting your permit, great feeling ain't it!
    Jack
    Yes it is, but as Spiderman’s uncle once said “with great power comes great responsibility” I don’t feel that carrying gives me great power, but the statement still applies.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

VIP Member
    Congratulations! Stay safe!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    Congrats!

Now go to Wal-Mart!
    Nah.... he did go to the mall with the wife!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

i'm happy for ya. congratulations!

p.s. i recommend buying a copy of "Heat" as your DVD while at Walmart

VIP Member
    Congratulations. You'll find a comfortable carry method before too long.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    Excellent news - but what a wait.

Glad you are ''settling in'' - but welcome to the ranks of responsible and (I hope) dedicated carry.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Congratulations!
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

and now we can teach you the "secret handshake"

Congrats! "HEAT" Seriously good movie!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    A big congrats. Nice story, I enjoyed it.

Thank you all for your support. I am setting here planning my Wal-Mart trip. I have to wait until 1:30 to go though, our county has a blue law and Wallie can't sell nothing except food before 1:30 on Sunday...

Oh and the Movie Heat... great movie! The street shootout was so good that it was replayed for real in LA a short while later, which spawned another movie called 44 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links