Having had one or two? - Page 3

Having had one or two?

This is a discussion on Having had one or two? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a touchy subject, but I do wish OH would lift their ban on guns in bars. I also think a person should be ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This is a touchy subject, but I do wish OH would lift their ban on guns in bars. I also think a person should be able to drink about the same as the DUI limit and CCW. Unfortunately OH and most other ssttates trry to appease the anti-gunners on this one. I guess I just worry that the bar is a place where protection maybe more necessary than other places I travel. Heck in OH ssome grocery stores are no CCW due to their liquor license.

Administrator

Pittsburgh

The people involved in all the shootings in PITTSBURGH and the bar shootings etc. are never the legal Licensed To Carry Folks.
    Of course...the local news always forgets to mention that.

Another comforting thought for you P95, is that barring obvious signs of intoxication or a statement to that effect on your part the LEO's may not even think to test your BAC. Of course, as has been discussed on various threads, you're not making any statements to the cops without counsel being present. If they do test you, when they get around to it your BAC would be diminished over time. I suppose an opposing atty could try to "construct" a probable BAC at the time of the shooting, but I think that would be a stretch.

I'm thinking about this within the pretext that we're talking about an obviously "clean" shooting of an intruder (someone you don't know) within your residence. That's got to have a lot of bearing on the attitude of the LEO's and county atty. Especially if the BG has a record.

I wouldn't worry about, but it is a good thing to keep in mind.
    If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes.

Senior Moderator
    It's amazing how many rights some perp has while breaking into YOUR home. It's a touchy issue here in Massachusetts to defend yourself in your own home with a firearm.

Thank God that it is not such a "touchy issue" in the south.

My personal thought is to exercise the minimum use of force needed to defend yourself and your lovedones. Don't create a situation that will cause you to fire upon an intruder needlessly or possibly get yourself shot as well. ( Like confronting him when you don't have to )

You sir...are an easy target. I'll bet you have a hard time looking any one square in the eye...it might be confrontational. Yeah...confront someone in your home and you "might get shot". Or he might kill you, rape everyone in your family and eat everything in your refrigerator when he is done.

Wether you are hurt, killed or in jail, your faimily suffers as much as you do. Aside of sentimental value, your physical valuables can be replaced, you can't be.

That is correct. At least I'll die, be hurt or in jail knowing that I tried to do SOMETHING to protect my family.

Keep a phone in more than one room of the house and call 911. I personally keep my cell phone on my nightstand in case the land line gets cut.

Thats the real warrior spirit there my friend. Your land line gets "cut" so you are protected by your cellphone and the cops.

I'll stick with the 12 guage by the nightstand.I'll use my cell phone to call the Coroner.

Hot,

Unfortunately that's the way the law is in Massachusetts. But my friend, I'm afraid you misunderstand my prudence.

As for easy target, I prefer the way of the shinobi and attack by stealth and not announce my presence until it's too late for the BG.

Imagine hearing a loud noise in the middle of the night and you grab your 12 guage and go stomping off to find the source. The intruder hears you and freezes then hides........Now who has the tactical advantage? But if you grab your 12 guage and creep out of bed to a secure location between the perp and your lovedones and wait while your wife dials 911......things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

As for land lines getting cut, My wife doesn't want to use a gun but she can use a cell phone.......she has my back............I hope somebody has yours when you go down fighting and nobody is left to prevent a perp from raping everyone in your family and eat everything in your refrigerator when he is done.

As for warrior spirit I spent 11 years catching shoplifters as a 3rd degree black belt. I've faced every range of hand to hand combat ( Kicking, punching, trapping and grappling ) and every type of concealed weapon ( knife, baseball bat and handguns as well as multiple attackers ) all while empty handed and little to no backup. I've stared it all in the eye sir and I learned to used my head....and....my trusty cell phone all while protecting myself, my partner and innocent bystanders.

My last recommendation for you, less tv.....more reading.

Mike

Senior Moderator
    I've faced every range of hand to hand combat ( Kicking, punching, trapping and grappling ) and every type of concealed weapon ( knife, baseball bat and handguns as well as multiple attackers ) all while empty handed and little to no backup. I've stared it all in the eye sir and I learned to used my head....and....my trusty cell phone all while protecting myself, my partner and innocent bystanders.

Wow...Impressive....I have 3 blackbelts in my house...2 in Kempo and one in Aikido.As for my wife...well she never had enough time for that stuff. She'd have to resort to a gun. As for my two kids, they are well enough versed in weapons of all kinds to know that you take every advantage that you can get. Escpecially on their own turf. Even they know how not to fight fair.

As for the every kind of HTH and weapons, in my years as a Deputy Ive been there and done that.One thing I have learned to do is to cheat. Win. I will do whatever it takes. If you are using your hands or feet, Im going to spray you. Pick up a stick and I'll use mine. Use anything else and you'll be staring at my .45...or 12 guage...or AR.

So heres the thing...

You are in your house. In there somewhere is a thug and you dont know how he is armed. Let me get this straight...your gonna use some ninja stuff on him ?

Sounds like you are the one thats been watching too much TV. I dont watch the thing much myself.

Here in Arkansas I dont know of any warriors that rely on their cellphones for protection, we mostly use primitive stuff like guns. As for backup...they had better show up wearing more than a cellphone. A cellphone aint that heavy. Once you throw it at a perp its pretty much useless and it wont defend against a knife, stick or a tire iron very well. You might make due with it and your ninja skills, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

I've been to several events that someone called 911, got their tail kicked and then wondered why in the heck the cops didnt get there to save their tails as they were laying on the floor bleeding all over the carpet.Being on the response side of the equation, I can only hope and pray that if Im on the other side of the county when I get the call, that you are gonna be smart enough to figure out you might have to defend yourself with a weapon before I get there to keep you or your loved ones from getting hurt.

Well...thats how we do it in Arkansas anyway. Things sure are different up north.Looks to me like you dudes up in Kennedyland use your cellphones differently than we do...

Hot,

You are in your house. In there somewhere is a thug and you dont know how he is armed. Let me get this straight...your gonna use some ninja stuff on him ?

You didn't get it straight. I said "I prefer the way of the shinobi and attack by stealth and not announce my presence until it's too late for the BG. "

Note I did say attack.

"Here in Arkansas I dont know of any warriors that rely on their cellphones for protection" I did also say my cellphone is a backup...I never said it was a primary weapon.

Forget reading more bro. Read better.

To end the petty bickering, I'll say that no thug has a right to break into my house and live to tell the tale. But here in kennedy country, just like any cop, I'll make sure I have a dam good reason to pull the trigger.

Best regards,

Mike

Senior Moderator
    To end the petty bickering, I'll say that no thug has a right to break into my house and live to tell the tale. But here in kennedy country, just like any cop, I'll make sure I have a dam good reason to pull the trigger.

Thats always the case aint it ?
    In lots of places though...someone in your house at two in the morning is reason enough...

I wish that was true here...a lot of people would feel much safer....myself included.

Mike

Administrator

Thumbs up One Important Suggestion

It is REALLY IMPORTANT know your own home. Be able to take full advantage of your familiar home turf.
    Make sure that you can negotiate your residence in total darkness.
    That gives you an automatic POWERFUL night time advantage over any stranger in YOUR home or apartment.
    If you have kids then make sure they pick their stuff up off the floor before they hit the bed.
    You don't want to fall flat on your face over something that should not be where it's at.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

"Negotiate your residence in total darkness. That gives you an automatic POWERFUL night time advantage over any stranger in YOUR home or apartment."

A tactical advantage! Using darkness as a weapon. The way of the shinobi!

Senior Moderator
    A big dog with lots of teeth that didnt like intruders at two in the morn would be a great tatical advantage...

you would have an early warning...

and

when dog was chomping at the nutsack of the perp he would more than likely have both hands protecting his package instead of using them against you...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links