Another Store to add to the list... - Page 2

Another Store to add to the list...

This is a discussion on Another Store to add to the list... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Curtis27 My sister and I went to the IKEA store in Frisco this weekend, and right to the left of the entrance ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Store to add to the list...

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis27 View Post
    My sister and I went to the IKEA store in Frisco this weekend, and right to the left of the entrance is a big "no guns allowed" sign. Now, yes, it is not the 30-06 sign that is required by Texas state law to truly not allow concealed handgun permittes to carry inside the store, BUT, I will not go into an establishment that thinks it is their right to attempt to prevent me from exercising my rights.

Because of that I did not enter the store, as I can find what I need at other stores. I did call and talk to the manager, and he stated that it was company policy, and that he was not responsible, but asked if I could understand why they wouldn't want to "attempt" to deter people from bringing in weapons. He also stated that you shouldn't need a handgun to purchase items in the store. Cute, real cute.

I told him that he lost my business due to his lack of understanding of basic rights (while not informing him that his sign holds no weight). Should you have an IKEA near you, you might want to have the same discussion with their store managers, should you fel the need to actually enter their stores. Again, I say that if they don't want law abiding citizens in their stores, then I surely do not need to be there.

I truly hope you write the corporate hq as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    Aww man. I love IKEA. This policy isn't going to stop me from going there nor will it stop me from cc-ing inside. AFAIK VA state law basically allows me to do what I want and I can only be asked to leave.
    You are correct.

Are you kidding??? IKEA is very inexpensive and the stuff they have is quality for the price. If you aren't looking for furniture to last you 10 years then IKEA is awesome. IKEA is designed for young, broke people (newlyweds, college students, first apartment/house, ect) that want nice fashionable furniture in their places. I furnished my entire apartment for under $1k.
    +1
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Well, I had never been there, but my sister raves about it. I just wanted to see what all the noise was about (for those in the Frisco area, you remember when that durn store opened?).

It might truly be the greatest store in the world (Sorry, guys, it is not), BUT I cannot support a store that will not let be exercise my God given rights to protect myself. I do not plan on using a firearm in their store unless there is a true SHTF situation. If that is the case, wouldn't you as a store owner want someone that could protect you and your patrons?

As far as I am concerned, IKEA might have some interesting things, but there are enough other stores that carry similar items that I am not forced to shop there. As I said in my earlier posts, my personal opinion is that I will not shop at stores as these that prohibit my ability to feel safe.
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links