Soliciting Thoughts and Opinions for Poolside/Beach Carry

This is a discussion on Soliciting Thoughts and Opinions for Poolside/Beach Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Move and buy your own place with a large lake and good to go. ;) Stay outta the sun, it will wrinkle your skin and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soliciting Thoughts and Opinions for Poolside/Beach Carry

Move and buy your own place with a large lake and good to go. ;)
    Stay outta the sun, it will wrinkle your skin and make ya ugly like me and some of the others out here. This message is provided by the AMA, which brought you all the anti gun fluff floating out there...
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I sometimes carry a NAA derringer in swimming trunks. you might be able to carry around your neck , concealed under your swimsuit depending on your body type and outfit. I have seen clear waterproof bags designed for neck wear.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    The ladies got it tough, I'm thinking. I've done beach duty with a SmartCarry, but I wear big ol' baggy trunks.

OTOH, there is no reason why a lady has to wear a bikini; she can wear a one-piece with some baggy shorts, or a bikini top and some baggy shorts, and shouldn't look too out of place.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

VIP Member
    Let's see if I can explain myself: There was this metal item I recall seeing years ago in case you wanted to restraing your dog in an open area. The items was like about a foot, foot and a half long built like an oversized corkscrew with a triangular handle. You would screw the device to the ground or sand as far as you could and you would leash the dog to the device. I think this "corkscrew" with a Center Of Mass safe might do the trick.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I think this "corkscrew" with a Center Of Mass safe might do the trick.
    In sand?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    What kind of dusty/crappy sand do you have in your neighbrohood? Down here we anchor buildings in our sand
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Dear Mrs. limatunes

I, being male, have carried on the beach and around pools with a Fobus paddle in my tied down 'trunks' under a loose tank top or tee. A bikni is a wonderfully diffrent issue entirely!

Entering the water or participating in any beach/pool side activity (swimming, vollyball, football, ect.) necissitied a "Beach Master" to watch over everyone elses stuff. My friends started the "Beach Master" thing when we went diving due to we wanted nothing left unattended and we all took turns as the "Master". It works out as long the trusted "Master" knows what he/she is watching and can handle the 'sidearm watch'. Trust is big issue.

just my G23 cents worth
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Just an idea here; I don't frequent beaches or pools and haven't worn a bikini in years:

At the beach, store it in a ziplock bag.
    Bury the bag in the sand, lay your beach towel over the spot (I'd use a wheel gun for this trick).
    If possible, use a GPS to get the position of where you buried it and leave the coordinates on you home answering machine.
    This ought to keep the gun from wandering off with a backpack, or from being discovered when one of your new beach friends helps himself to a drink.

This is just a theory; I'd wear shorts and Thunderwear (and not go in the water).
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    Wow you've asked a tough question! Actually a question that I don't believe has a really good answer since clothing plays such a big part in cc. Other than kick sand in the bad guys face , my best solution is for you to wear a straw hat, I've seen them on the beaches, and I believe the straw material is stout enough to support a holstered mousegun, a NAA revolver would easily work. One area of concern is the wind blowing your hat off your head. The right baseball type of cap might work too. Good question....tough to answer.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Sorry, but I don't have any thoughts on beach concealment, but two points:

1) Seeing as you're in SE PA, unless you have an FL or UT CCW there's no oceanside beach you can carry at until you hit VA or points south. You can carry in DE with the FL or UT CCW.

2) Don't know if you were kidding about shooting in the water, but I read an article about the supposed capability of Glocks to fire underwater. They only tested it with a G17, and there's a serious possibility of a KB if you don't a) let the barrel first fill up with water, and b) use ONLY FMJ rounds (the water in the barrel will force JHPs to start mushrooming inside the barrel...not good). There are probably other considerations, but I wouldn't even want to try it!
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    1. Paint it blue, put it in a crappy plastic holster and tell everybody it's your "water" gun.

2. Leave it on the beach towel next to a very large German Shepherd.

(All that reading and I find that somebody already suggested the hair holster)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Moderator
    Yeah, even if its been tested, firing a gun under water would not be my first choice, despite what the movies portray.

Thank you all for the suggestions, there's a lot of good advise here.

While there is no ocean front property in Pa you just never do know what kind of opportunities there are to get into water in a beach-like setting.

I think of the quarry back home. Conventional pools are boring after you jump in a body of water that' 50 feet deep at its shallowest and a quarter mile across.

However, belongings had a way of walking off. Anyone with half a brain brought their cheapest, junkiest shoes, a crappy towel and dumb clothes and kept their car keys on a chain around their neck as even towels and flip flops had a tendency to walk away with new owners. And while no cars were stolen that I know of, people would go through others' clothes, get their keys, and go through their cars looking for the things people had enough sense not to leave on the beach, like purses, wallets, jewelry and more. It was pretty ugly and you can imagine the horror if someone got your gun.

EEEEAAAHHHHH.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    How about one of these, with a Kel-Tec inside it?

http://www.waterproofcases.net/351.html

It's waterproof to 15 feet and floats... and that fold-over cover would be great to aid in "plain sight" concealment, plus you can slide your ID and CWP inside with the gun if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    How about one of these, with a Kel-Tec inside it?

http://www.waterproofcases.net/351.html

It's waterproof to 15 feet and floats... and that fold-over cover would be great to aid in "plain sight" concealment, plus you can slide your ID and CWP inside with the gun if you need to.
    Thats Brilliant, Joe (no sarcasm intended). Heck, I bet a guy who's employer forbids guns but requires an ID be worn visibly could hide one in plain sight. Not that I would ever bend a work rule...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Wow that is a great idea, this one even comes with a belt.

http://www.waterproofcases.net/630.html
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links