Soliciting Thoughts and Opinions for Poolside/Beach Carry

This is a discussion on Soliciting Thoughts and Opinions for Poolside/Beach Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never really thought of this until I pulled out my swimming suit to get ready for this summer. My apartment complex has a pool ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soliciting Thoughts and Opinions for Poolside/Beach Carry

Senior Moderator

Soliciting Thoughts and Opinions for Poolside/Beach Carry

I never really thought of this until I pulled out my swimming suit to get ready for this summer.

My apartment complex has a pool on the other side of the complex and in the past I have just walked to to the pool (driving just seems silly since it's less than a quarter mile away.)

Last summer I never carried to the pool because, well, I'm sure there's no way to conceal in a bikini and I'm guessing chlorinated water is not great for my gun and who wants to leave it sitting under a beach towel where anyone can just come by and take it.

The pool is an easy fix, just drive to the pool and stow the weapon in the car until finished swimming (not entirely accessible, but better than nothing), but what of the beach?

The beach is a pretty public place (more so than just a pool) and sometimes you have to do quite a bit of walking to get to a place that's prime for swimming and sun bathing. Does one bring their gun and stick it in the bottom of their cooler? Does one leave it in their car and hope nothing goes down on the beach (which, is, of course, possible)? Does one bring a spouse or trusted friend to take turns watching the merchandise while the other frolics in the water? Does one avoid the lure of the beach all together?

2. Remove Ads

Hmmmm....

Ziplock Bag & Smartcarry ? ..... Kidding !
    ~ Randy W. -- G27 & LCP

" If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?" Sen. Jesse Helms

Administrator
    Well, this would be a lot tougher for a girl for sure. The only thing I could think of is a Keltec in a bag, a dude could get away with that in his trunks... but I dont wear a bikini.

Maybe forget about the bikini (sorry guys) go with a one piece and wear a Ktec around your neck? A lanyard of some type is a must have in the water.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I can't say I have a good answer. If your wearing shorts a not ur bikini then maybe smartcarry? Then again, people might wonder about the bulge. Not like you live in san francisco.

Keep in mind that your trusted friend to stay with the gear would have to have their CCW license, as they would otherwise illegaly be in posession of a concealed weapon. Maybe A cooler with a gun locker in it? Of course the whole thing could disappear so....???
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I encourage all of my bikini wearing friends who carry to bring a trusted friend in a wheelchair to watch over their stuff while they swim, SPF reapplication duties...but I'm just a helpful sort of guy.

LOL
    ~ Randy W. -- G27 & LCP

" If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?" Sen. Jesse Helms

ccw is give and take Lima... guns and bikini's don't mix...

now maybe if you had a one piece suit, you could wrap your Bersa in a plastic ziplock bag and wear it against your belly under your one piece suit and tell everyone it's your "Insulin Pump"... and they may even buy that excuse.

Other than that, leave it in the car in a securely locked storage device.

And remember, you gun isn't your only weapon... it's just a tool that shouldn't be the only tool in the tool box.

You should be knowing at least some unarmed defensive combat skills... I mean you are married to a big strong marine brute who should be able to teach you something.

Don't forget, your brain is your weapon.

Other than that... if you figure out how to hide a 1911 in your bikini and don't post pictures for us we'll never speak to you again. (just some light humor... no offense intended on the picture remarks)

JMHO... YMMV
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I was faced with the same dilemma this year, for the first time in about 10 years. I opted for a Maxpedition Versa pack. At the pool I always had it in view and at the beach someone was always around. Difference was there were four adults and three kids so there was always an adult near our stuff on the beach (the kids didn't take to the ocean very well).
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Just thought, if a licensed person wore more than a bikini, maybe just go on in wearing a snubbie wheelgun in some kind of holster with a retaining strap (sew one onto a smartcarry?). Not sure I'd trust a waterlogged Semi-auto to cycle.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

You will have to provide PICS of you in the bikini so that we can properly assess how the weapon is concealed and give helpful tips on "Concealed Beach Carry".

Personally I don't go to the pool unless I plan on not getting in the water, or nobody else is at the pool. The reason is, I hide a gun in my backpack, if I go to the pool. I don't go to the pool, but that's what I would do if I did.

Take a look at Camelback. They have a new "hidden compartment" backpack that's designed for LEO's that hides a gun pretty well. As far as the beach, stay home. There are too many people and packing iron there is a PITA. If you leave the gun in a backpack and go in the water guess what? You just provided the "Backpack Theif" with a firearm.

Take care, good luck and don't forget to send PICS.

Biker

JD
    Administrator
    I hate sand and salt water, I'll read while you swim. And I will delete any pics of Lima in a bikini that appear on this forum.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I hate sand and salt water, I'll read while you swim.
    Then why did you join the Navy... oh I mean the Marines?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Now JD... our reason for pics is strictly for professional reasons... I only wanted to see pics if she finds a way to hide a 1911 in a bikini... my thoughts are strictly on the gun!

Semper Fi

(snicker)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

... my thoughts are strictly on the gun!

*cough..cough*...yes...strictly.
    ~ Randy W. -- G27 & LCP

JD
    Administrator

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Then why did you join the Navy... oh I mean the Marines?
    I didn't hate it before, just after

Senior Moderator
    I'm sorry honey, but if I found a way to conceal a 1911 in a bikini, I would HAVE to share.. Lucky for us all that I don't think it's possible... lol

Even in a one piece (something I haven't worn or even owned in three years) the likelihood of completely concealing a gun is... slim.. shall we say.

I know that my gun is not my only weapon, when I lived down in Florida with my brother, we would often carry knives with us at the beach to prepare against sharks. My brother always swam with a knife the size of this thigh, in a sheath, strapped to his thigh and it wasn't concealed. No one gave him even the slightest of glances because they understood his reasoning. Sharks are nasty little creatures. I usually had a knife with me but left it on the beach. In the water, I stuck close to him.

I wonder what a KelTec in .380 would do to a shark? Hmmmm... now you have me thinking.

Okay, back on topic, still an interesting conversation for sure.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links