no CCW sign Lambert's Cafe- Ozark, MO

This is a discussion on no CCW sign Lambert's Cafe- Ozark, MO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know theres a thread or list somewhere of all the places posted for no carry, but thought I'd share it here. I just got ...

Thread: no CCW sign Lambert's Cafe- Ozark, MO

I know theres a thread or list somewhere of all the places posted for no carry, but thought I'd share it here. I just got back from my ever so fun trip to missouri and the only no-carry sign I saw was when we went to Lambert's Cafe(Home of the throwed rolls) in Ozark. Sign read 'No handguns or concealed weapons allowed' Right next to the door. I did still eat there, and the food was good.. just thought I'd spread the word though. Maybe someone wants to educate the Lamberts?

Edit: wow.. I really fudged the title of this thread.. should read "Posted sign- Lambert's Cafe."

With all the great places to eat in Missouri...their food can't be THAT good.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Smooth if you are concealed well you have broken no laws in Missouri. Only if they told you to leave and you do not has the law been broken. Lamberts has only two restaurants that I know of. One in the Ozarks and one in Sikston. Most of the NO GUNS signs are comeing down in Missouri.

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    They also have one in Foley, Alabama. Not sure if it is posted, will will find out next week.

I went there about a year ago and noticed the sign. I carried and ate there anyway. In the future, I'll avoid them.

VIP Member
    Never been there, but I know alot of people that go to the one in Sikeston. I live in west Ky and I don't intend on driving that far just have a roll thrown at me. I KNOW I won't risk the drive now. No gun, no money.

I am in Sikeston, MO right now. I don't live here, but my wife had business here so I came along. We had discussed eating at Lambert's today. Last I remember the one here isn't posted, but that usually doesn't stop me. Like said before in this thread, you haven't broken a law in MO unless they ask you to leave and you refuse. Then if the police are called you get a fine. Quite simple, but hopefully I won't get made. That's why it is concealed right? The only places around here in the Cape Girardeau area that are posted are the ones owned by Drury Co, and Schnucks. You would think that the Drury's would be more pro than anti. After all part of the family even has hunting shows (Mark and Terry). Go figure.
    A violent crime happens every 23.1 seconds..... something to think about.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainhound100 View Post
    I am in Sikeston, MO right now. I don't live here, but my wife had business here so I came along. We had discussed eating at Lambert's today. Last I remember the one here isn't posted, but that usually doesn't stop me. Like said before in this thread, you haven't broken a law in MO unless they ask you to leave and you refuse. Then if the police are called you get a fine. Quite simple, but hopefully I won't get made. That's why it is concealed right? The only places around here in the Cape Girardeau area that are posted are the ones owned by Drury Co, and Schnucks. You would think that the Drury's would be more pro than anti. After all part of the family even has hunting shows (Mark and Terry). Go figure.
    If you go there, could you let us know if it is posted? Thanks.

SCW
    I think a guy could really get limited if he paid much attention to such things. It's posted not to carry almost everywhere you go, do you think they are really after a 30-something year old fat desk jocky who wants to protect his family? No, they want to make sure the lawyers have some ammo when the 16-yr old punks pull a knife or a cheap "9" on someone for their lunchmoney. Almost every large-capacity public area will be posted, mall, baseball stadiums, race tracks, parks, parking lots, public transportation........

Concealed is what it says. Be safe first and foremost, but remember that there are laws and there are policys. Either one can get you killed.

Also, I've wanted to get a roll chucked at me for a long time, I've heard the food is great there. One of these days.....

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I appreciate the heads-up.

I'll be in Ozark next weekend for a car show.

Now I know one eatery to scratch off my list.

I've been to the one in Foley a few years ago. Don't remember seeing a no CCW sign. Lambert's is a fun experience with the pass arounds and the wait staff pulling "pranks" on the customers.

New Member Array MAN WITH A GUN's Avatar

Come To Georgia

I have a shopping center and have posted two signs; (1) We will tow you off if you are not shopping here. Any car left here at night will not be here in the morning. (2) These premises are protected by cameras, armed customers and armed owners.

I wanted to add "We video each shooting for the police" but thought better of it.

We've never had a single problem. Armed customers are welcome here.
    Concealed Carry Moto: Surprise, Surprise Surprise!

Thanks for the heads up. Although, could you possibly add them to your respective state over on http://posted-places.com as well when you get a chance? Some folks here had mentioned the need for a central repository of No-Guns/CCW places so I jumped in feet first.

Mods - I'm not sure if my post violates the rules or not as it could be construed as quasi-advertising. I'm not trying to steal dc.com members, just trying to get folks to start updating a central repository of no carry places. Please feel free to kill my post if I'm actually in violation here.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Sponsored Links