Scared to carry with This holster - Page 3

Scared to carry with This holster

This is a discussion on Scared to carry with This holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; By all means, do what makes you comfortable. And, asking questions is a good thing, and this forum is a great place to get the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scared to carry with This holster

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    By all means, do what makes you comfortable. And, asking questions is a good thing, and this forum is a great place to get the info that you need. By now, having read all of the responses, you may feel more comfortable about using your holster. If, however, you have trouble getting past your concerns (and I believe that if you feel uncomfortable with something, regardless of whether or not those feelings are technically justified, then you need to do whatever you need to doin order to make yourself comfortable). Obviously getting a different holster is one solution. The one thing that I would strongly encourage you to do is to go back to carrying one in the pipe as soon as you overcome your discomfort. It just takes too much time in an emergency situation to have to rack the slide. Self defense situations usually occur at relatively close distances. Having to draw, then rack the slide, may get you or a loved one killed. And having the ability to defend ourselves and our families is he reason that we carry a weapon in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I believe that if you feel uncomfortable with something, regardless of whether or not those feelings are technically justified, then you need to do whatever you need to doin order to make yourself comfortable.
    Right on the money! I agree 100%
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

On the up side, the Glock 23 is a popular gun. If you decide you're ultimately uncomfortable with that holster I'm sure you could post it for sale in the Classified section here and find a buyer fairly easily. What model holster is it?

FWIW, I use to carry a Beretta 92fs in a horizontal shoulder rig (Bianchi Agent) and never had an incident. If it's a holster made for a specific gun model and not a generic small/medium/large type then I don't see any reason to be concerned.
    Jack

PS: I forgot to mention, I've currently got an order placed with Matt Del Fatti for a custom horizontal rig for my Glock 19. I can't wait to finally see it, it's gonna be a beauty - and I intend to carry with around in the chamber.

I feel ok now.. dont make fun of me, but In order to convince myself I loaded the glock and put it in the holster...and let it sit for 2 days. As we all suspect, I didnt walk away and shoot someone, so I'm ok with it! How many carry with a shoulder holster?

VIP Member
    Read your owners manual then don't worry about it.

I believe was a recent ND where a guy shot himself drawing from a shoulder rig. I suppose that's the increased risk over a waste band holster; you will be sweeping bystanders with a 180 degree swath at chest level.

If you want to set your mind at ease with the shoulder rig you could stitch several Kevlar layers, using epoxy to seal the ends into a pouch that the holster would slide in. That should slow/deform the bullet should it ever fire in the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    Ok, I've been carrying my glock 23 with one in the pipe for years and have had no problems. I just bought a horizontal shoulder holster and tried it out 1 hour ago. I felt so uncomfortable pointing a loaded gun at everyone behind me. What are your takes on this? Any of you carry horizontally? I can't stand the thought of a loaded glock pointing at my wife in my house.. Sorry title is jacked up..
    I'm with you on this one. I wouldn't put my gun in the holster and look down the barrel so why should everyone else have to do this?

None...

Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    Maybe a revolver--I don't have glockitous...I trust the safties on a glock. What are the chances of the gun failing and going off...if the trigger isn't pulled?
    I have a shoulder holster, but it is a vertical carry...I seldom use it. But I still never gave it much thought.

If it's on your side with a cant (tilt), it could be pointing at someone's legs behind you...if it's in a nightstand, it could be pointing at someone, even if through a couple of walls...

Guns don't go off by themselves...

I wouldn't worry about it...or...as mentioned above, get a new holster. Face it, you need more holsters anyway...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links