Stores that prohibit Concealed Carry - Page 3

Stores that prohibit Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Stores that prohibit Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by packinnova Well, I hadn't seen any other sites that were regularly updated by their users with new or updated info so I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stores that prohibit Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Well, I hadn't seen any other sites that were regularly updated by their users with new or updated info so I threw a site together this weekend. It's not much and is somewhat basic but it should get the job done fairly well...I hope. The forums where you can post posted carry establishments can be reached via the main page here: http://posted-places.com/

Check it out if you have time and let me know what you think. Is it worth the trouble? Are there enough folks interested to actually keep dumping new signs and correspondence? Did you run into problems?
    I like the idea of the site but I don't like the layout of the homepage with all of those scrolling windows, but then again, I'd probably bookmark to the top page of the forum rather than there anyway.

I hope it takes off.
    "Friend, I would not harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."--Unknown Quaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    I would have driven away at that point too....

Petro Truck Stop, Oak Grove, MO.

Every Walmart Distribution Center has a sign at the Truck gate house, No Weapons allowed on Property.
    Lol , I work at one and doesn't seem to stop people from keeping weapons in their vehicles . Just don't have them in plain sight and no one bothers you .

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Really? Do you remember what the sign looked like? The law in SC is very specific about what the sign has to say, how big has to be and where it's placed. Chances are better than average that you could have walked right past it with no legal problem unless this was one of the rare cases where the business actually did their homework and posted according to the law.
    It looked legit . Very visible

Quote Originally Posted by preachertim View Post
    It looked legit . Very visible
    Visible isn't enough:

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words "NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED" in black one-inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty-five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building's entrance door.
    If it doesn't meet these requirements, it doesn't exist as far as a SC CWP holder is concerned.
    "Friend, I would not harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."--Unknown Quaker

In most cases you could still carry in a store that posts a no gun sign without breaking any state laws. You might be asked to leave or you might be charged with trespassing.

I don't know why anyone would want to do business with a store that walks all over out 2nd Amendment in such a way. My advise would be to not do business with the store.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    In MI signs mean nothing. If they ask you to leave then it is trespassing if you don't leave.
    The one I had fun with is Value City furnature. They post a sign on the door of their stores, so I bought furnature from Art Van, copied the recipt and mailed it along with a no guns no money card to their main office in Ohio.

Here's the one that I found today.

I've been hearing about a gun store in Searcy, AR, about 20 minutes from my house. They have a nice selection of guns and an indoor shooting range. Since the only two shooting ranges are about 45 minutes from my house I went to check it out. On the front door there is a sign that says no loaded firearms or CCL allowed. I turned around and put my XD in the truck and went inside. I walked up to the gun counter and asked why CCL wasn't allowed. He just stared my down, like I was some thug off the street, and said "owner's preference". I said well this was a wasted trip and he just chuckled and said why, I told him that I won't do business with a place that sells guns but will not allow CCL in their building and that there are plenty of other places that encourage CC. He just smiled and said alright. Then I left. It really stinks too, it looked like a nice store and it's closer to my house.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links