Stores that prohibit Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Stores that prohibit Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As discussed in other threads, I would like to know what stores you have come across that prohibit concealed carry. Maybe if we can use ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

As discussed in other threads, I would like to know what stores you have come across that prohibit concealed carry. Maybe if we can use this as a resource in knowing which stores we choose to purchase from, as well as to know which stores need a kind letter or email suggesting they consider a safer policy within their stores.

My encounter was with IKEA. It was posted (albeit not legal). What stores have you seen the postings at?
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

I thought that someone was keeping a list somewhere online, but I haven't seen it in a while. I'm working on a web project right now that should go live in a few months and was thinking of keeping an updated version of anti-gun stores on it...with the possibility of users being able to add stores to the list themselves. Doesn't really answer your question but I think there might be a list out there somewhere.

Only two so far:
    Fox Run Mall Newington, NH
    Regal Cinemas Newington, NH

VIP Member
    Only one in my town that I've seen..(I've called and wrote a letter)...American General Financial..... I'm sure this place should be avoided rather you carry or not.

Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post
    I thought that someone was keeping a list somewhere online, but I haven't seen it in a while. I'm working on a web project right now that should go live in a few months and was thinking of keeping an updated version of anti-gun stores on it...with the possibility of users being able to add stores to the list themselves. Doesn't really answer your question but I think there might be a list out there somewhere.
    that sounds great. WIKI is a good model for such info.

Ohioans for Concealed Carry website maintains just such a list, but it's Ohio only.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

1943 - 2009
    Speaking for northwest Montana:

Costco: Not posted.
    Home Depot: No.
    Lowes: No.
    Target: No.
    Applebee's: No.
    U.S.P.O.: Yes.

In short, none of the major national retailers & restaurants that prohibit concealed carry as a corporate policy do not do so in Montana.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    A word of warning to VA. Cinema cafes. It's a movie theater, but if they serve alcohol, it's a CC prohibited restaurant.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

for anyone in MI: there is a list of places ppl have found on
    mcrgo.org

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    A word of warning to VA. Cinema cafes. It's a movie theater, but if they serve alcohol, it's a CC prohibited restaurant.
    Lol - I never even thought about that...then again...I haven't been back to a theater in a few years except for one or two occasions (literally). Once I saw the last one I went to was posted, I contacted them about it and basically got the sheep runaround(Regal Cinemas) and haven't been back since. I went out and bought a decent HD compatible lcd projector and just wait for the flicks to come out on DVD. So between the projector and surround sound in the Living room, I effectively have my own theater with my own rules and have no need to give someone else my money.

BTW - for those considering it...IT's WELL WORTH IT to get your own projector and just wait for the DVD's. It more than paid for itself in a few months time (if you calculate how much you would have spent at the theater - outrageous ticket prices, food, drinks, snacks, etc...).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

what theaters sell alcohol??

edit: nvm I didn't read that post correctly. I have never heard of that place.

I'm going to start working on a new site myself to collect/gather information solely on posted places...I'll let you all know if I can actually bring it to fruition.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Thanks! I think it would be great to have access to be able to plan "around" these stores that do not grasp basic rights...

This way, I can work my spending away from those businesses that do not support the Bill of Rights.
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    what theaters sell alcohol??
    One small chain in SE VA:

http://cinema-cafe.com/
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

There's some "gray area" regarding the validity of these individual store prohibitions. As it was explained to me by the Attorney General's Office here in Kentucky...unless concealed carry is forbidden in a location by THE CONDITIONS OF YOUR PERMIT then you are NOT "breaking a law" by disregarding the store's [No CCW] sign. If you ARE discovered to be carrying a concealed weapon in a store that has prohibited weapons? The WORST they can do is ask you to leave. Their posted prohibitive notice has no legal "teeth".

But be careful. Circumstances vary WIDELY with location & general disposition of the local LE authorities. And lawyers (like good handguns) are NOT inexpensive.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links