If you "make" someone, what do you do? - Page 3

If you "make" someone, what do you do?

This is a discussion on If you "make" someone, what do you do? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree with Stu. My interests as far as carrying are to number one protect my family and myself. First of all it's easy to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you "make" someone, what do you do?

I agree with Stu. My interests as far as carrying are to number one protect my family and myself. First of all it's easy to walk away. My family is my only responsibility. No regrets.

I would observe the person for a while and if I saw nothing to raise concerns I would discretely tell them. Here in Texas open carry is prohibited and they even state concealed means "not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person." So I would hope that if I was printing badly someone would let me know before I walk out the door and get to have a possibly very unpleasant visit with the local constabulary.

Senior Moderator
    Personally, I dont care who is carrying what as long as they are pointing their "stuff" at me.

I do notice that Northerners in general seem to worry more about a "printing gun" than most people in the South and it seems like they feel a real need to "rat" them out.

I guess its a cultural thing.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

Live and let live

I have seen the bottom of a holster sticking out from under the shirt of a guy in a group leaving the restaurant I was in. From other cues I already suspected they were police anyway.

If I see someone I suspect to be armed, I would ignore him unless he looked like he was drawing it. Innocent until proven guilty, I say.

If I were to encounter another CCWer who reacted negatively to other armed persons, I would be baffled and wonder if he thought he was the only one who should be so privileged...

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    I'm just curious. This has never happened to me, but maybe some of you have experienced it. If you are walking around in a store, or in some other public place and you see someone that is carrying, what do you do? Do you report it, do you ignore, do you keep an eye on the guy (or gal)? I'm just curious.
    Why would you do anything?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

If he/she is carrying in a holster, NOTHING.

If he/she is not, pay attention and assess!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I would mind my own business,unless the person pulled the gun out to use it.
    Sounds like the way to go for me, too.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by teknoid View Post
    wife gave me a funny look, but I think it was because the girl I asked was kinda cute.
    sounds about right

It would consider the situation - we seriously need some secret handshake or something that would solve alot of things

~Teg

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Smile and get on with my life.

Initially I go to "condition orange" only to the extent that I assess the situation, the person, and his traveling companions if any, steer a course of avoidance if I think there is any reason to be concerned and then go about my business. (to me, condition orange doesn't mean breaking out into a cold sweat, putting my hand on my gun or anything else except, be aware there is another gun in my vicinity and observe for anything untoward!)

More than likely I won't be hanging around long enough to find out if the guy has any nefarious intents or purposes anyway. (but I also don't panic and run out either)

Don't forget there are only about 3 or 4 states in the union left where ccw isn't legal!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    I'm just curious. This has never happened to me, but maybe some of you have experienced it. If you are walking around in a store, or in some other public place and you see someone that is carrying, what do you do? Do you report it, do you ignore, do you keep an eye on the guy (or gal)? I'm just curious.
    Hers some real good advise given to me by an old time policeman. " Mind Your Business".

I saw a gun on a guy on a flight once. I made a stink about it when the flight attendant wouldn't confirm he was an Air Marshall. This was not long after 9-11. The pilot ripped him a new one.

Under normal circumstances it would depend a lot on other circumstances as many others have said. Behavior, demeanor, etc.

Run from the store screaming like a little girl that there is a man with a gun in the corn flake aisle.Oh the humanity.Seriously...assume he has a CPL just like you and mind your own business. You are not law enforcement. Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I do notice that Northerners in general seem to worry more about a "printing gun" than most people in the South and it seems like they feel a real need to "rat" them out.

I guess its a cultural thing.
    Yet, interestingly, Florida, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Texas do not allow open carry, but Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Michigan, Maine, and others do.

I'm not saying it's prevalent or widely accepted there - just that it's legal.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    Yet, interestingly, Florida, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Texas do not allow open carry, but Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Michigan, Maine, and others do.

I'm not saying it's prevalent or widely accepted there - just that it's legal.
    Hey don't forget us Virginians
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Nothing.

If they look like a good guy, the gun is in a holster and not just shoved into the waist band Gangsta' style, then I will not do anything.

But, if they do look thugged out, and criminal like, they will be watched. And if there are more than one, it is time to beat a hasty retreat and inform the nearest authority figure.
    BGs wear holsters too and GGs do go with mexican carry as well.
    Ted Bundy looked like a good guy and David Berkowitz was by all appearances a regular average Joe.
    Clothing and concealed carry method doesn't necessarily make the man, or woman, in so far as crime and criminal behavior.

Just a thought.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links