Gun rights

This is a discussion on Gun rights within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by P95Carry Aus - as one who lost a lot of guns My resentment knew no bounds but - I am still here ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun rights

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Aus - as one who lost a lot of guns My resentment knew no bounds but - I am still here and at least now am able to make my small contribution to helping the 2A cause - which would not have happened if I'd gone down fighting!
    Looks like our gain Britain's loss. It's good that you're here. OK with us Yanks.

2. Remove Ads

So are they allowed to own any sort of firearm over there now? This came up at work tonight and I didn't want to give missinformation. From what I gathered watching the vid it seemed like they had to turn all of their firearms in. Am I right?
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    That's just pretty sickening...
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    So are they allowed to own any sort of firearm over there now?
    Some folks, almost I guess outa disgust and the costs, and paperwork of retaining ownership - did hand in stuff they need not have. The '97 deal was handguns. (Early 90's was when semi rifles got hit too).

So right now IIRC - as long as someone has ''good reason'' - they can have rifles and shotguns. My old bud's at shoot club carried on having compo's using Win 94 type lever guns so as to be able to load for and use handgun ammo.

The slippery slope is tho no less slippery and who knows when they might try and remove those items too. Another Tony Martin type incident and I'll bet they target shotties

Sadly the ''Great'' has long departed from ''Great Britain".
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks for the info P95carry.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And we have those who rant against the NRA (are you here Greaybeard?) yet they offer no better alternative. If the NRA dies then our gun rights die, if the NRA thrives then so do our gun rights. I belong to the NRA, GOA, and Gun Owners of California. The more pro-gun organisations we all belong to the stronger we are. If you are not doing your part then you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution. Lets all pull together, JOIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Miller View Post
    And we have those who rant against the NRA (are you here Greaybeard?) yet they offer no better alternative. If the NRA dies then our gun rights die, if the NRA thrives then so do our gun rights. I belong to the NRA, GOA, and Gun Owners of California. The more pro-gun organisations we all belong to the stronger we are. If you are not doing your part then you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution. Lets all pull together, JOIN!!
    In my case, I am a lifetime member of NRA but I hate the way they, on occasion, post some stuff and send out "action alerts" that are absolute crap:

1. Last year they plaster the internet with all kinds of rubbish about how "The UN is going to vote over July 4th on a measure that will make gun ownership illegal". Not true at all and easily proven untrue by anti-gun forces to make the pro-gun side look like lying idiots.

2. This year they completely misrepresent the OSHA regulations about the explosives industries and retailers to the point of, once again, encouraging thousands if not millions of gun owners to make ill-informed and ignorant comment about these regulations.

I think that on balance the NRA does more good than harm but sometimes they need to get a freekin' grip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links