Asked to Unload

This is a discussion on Asked to Unload within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "I think this thread has drifted away from the most important part of the poster's story, and that is drunk sexy Kayla." I like the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asked to Unload

"I think this thread has drifted away from the most important part of the poster's story, and that is drunk sexy Kayla."

I like the way you think. Seeing how I had to jet the next day before she was awake, had a floor to install, I did not get a chance to score a number yet. Oh be be assured I am working on it.

2. Remove Ads

I'm pretty surprised at some of the negative responses on here. While "because I can" is not the answer I might have given, it was factually correct and not overtly hostile... especially when given to someone who was apparently fishing for an argument.

The whole "tactical advantage" argument about never letting anyone know you carry smells of the mall ninja mentality. There are many places in the country where open carry is not only legal, but somewhat common. Can anyone point to a single incident where someone had their gun take from them while open carrying?

Most police who are disarmed have it happen while in the process of effecting an arrest. The BG does NOT want to go to jail, and a fight ensues. Unless you're also walking around trying to arrest felons all day, I see little risk of being disarmed.

How about any examples of a BG randomly walking up to an open carrying private citizen and shooting them before committing a crime... versus waiting for that person to move on?

CCW/CFP restrictions, in my opinion, are an unconstitutional game of jumping through hoops and getting the government's blessing to exercise a right you already have. Now some want to compound that by slinking around and hiding their weapons.

Whether one chooses to give their personal reasons for carrying or not is a personal choice, but "because I can" is the only reason someone needs. Kudos to the OP for not being ashamed of exercising his rights, and not being so "tacticool" that he feels he has to hide it from his friends and family.

I was just going to let this pass, but I'd rather try and help this kid.
    Risk him being disarmed??? Blow his 007 cover??? Take away his "tacticool" advantage??? BuWahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Speaking for myself, I never considered any of those for a second. I don't think anyone who responded did, but that's for them to say. It's not about any of that. GGGGGGGGGGGGzus!!! Never 1 second!!!

Hell, he might have dropped the gun in the punch bowl, for all I know or care.

I'm really concerned about an image he seems bent on creating. I'm concerned that wide knowledge of this might cost him a job, cause him not to be hired..... whatever. I'm afraid someone might try and rob his home.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that this just "might" be an anti gun world and that I see no good in doing things like this. Does this need to be a secret society? No, but it damn well better be a bright one.

It's not even that these bad things are likely to happen, but they're waaaaaaay past possible to totally dismiss them.

You might want to read the concerns people had on that Sandusky Register thread. Very insightful. Thwarting Dr. Evil really isn't any part of any theme here.

I happen to think this is a nice young man who needs a little saving from himself. God knows I did from time to time.

I hope I have not given the impression that I am doing this for tacticool or 007ish. Cause I am far from it. If anything I am one of those Jeff Foxworthy jokes. also most of the people at that party were extended family to Josh and Seth. And since Josh is my brother from another mother that is good enough to me. Me and what I do were not the center of the party nor where they widely discussed by most people there. In my story I only highlighted the carry related items, cause the rest is somewhat boring and added nothing to the thread. I think I may not have constructed the story the best I could, but I think many people here have brought up good points and gave some nice thinks to consider if something like this were to happen in the future.

Thanks Everyone.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofgore View Post
    If anything I am one of those Jeff Foxworthy jokes.
    "If your new SHTF kit gun is your old daily carry gun........you might be a redneck..."

wizardofgore,
    I honestly think you're a good, well intentioned guy. I never got any of that "tactical warrior" aura sp? off of you. I was concerned about the other stuff, but we've all talked about that.

I could start my own site titled "Things I Learned The Hard Way." Yes, it would suck up a lot of band width.

Every now and then someone grabbed me before I was all the way off the ledge and I'm grateful for those. I'm trying to do something like that.

A little goofy LIKE THE REST OF US? Yes. Mall Ninja or something like that. No, Not at all.

Again, just the way you write and "carry" yourself speaks volumes.
    You give a damn and aren't afraid to stay on the high road. Admirable qualities.

Good luck

Best to keep it hush. Never loose the element of surprize!!! :)

Hi, new kid on the forum. Been lurking for a short while.
    Have permit for a decade, been carrying for 2x that....
    While I agree with your right to carry, I think it is very poor manners to take a gun into someone's home without their permission.
    Bottom line: It is not your house, Not your rules ('member that lecture from your parents? ).
    You weren't forced to go to the party. If you didn't feel safe, should have left. There are times and places where a firearm may not be acceptable. Your friend should have requested you not bring a gun into the house, when he invited. Merely a courteousy. Jus' my $0.02. Not trying to put you down, just expressing a different opinion.
    But glad you had a good time. Have you hooked up with Kayla yet?
    Gotta put this thread back on track............

While I agree with your right to carry, I think it is very poor manners to take a gun into someone's home without their permission.
    I don't really agree with that, to the extent that they shouldn't have to be told that you're carrying a gun. Concealed means concealed in this circumstance. It makes about as much sense to ask permission explicitly to bring a gun into the house as it does to ask permission to wear boots in the house, or to ask permission before removing your coat.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

he carries his gun, on his hip, exposed, because he can.that is a perfect explanation for someone who is looking for an argument. is that not better than arguing for three hours at his best friends birthday party about all the men who have died, or his god given rights or you never know when you might need to kill someone. because i can says all that needs be said to a hostile.

tom gresham wears his gun exposed "sometimes" because he can.
    it is a constitutional right and if no one uses the right it may just go away, quietly, and die.

also, I feel for someone who breaks into MY HOUSE knowing full well i have a gun. what a foolish mistake.
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links