Is anyone here currently single? - Page 3

Is anyone here currently single?

This is a discussion on Is anyone here currently single? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am 29 and single. I carry EVERYDAY. I worked as a parole officer, who unlike a police officer deals with all BG. All of ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am 29 and single. I carry EVERYDAY. I worked as a parole officer, who unlike a police officer deals with all BG. All of my clients did at least one year plus of prison time. I notice things about people in general that the everyday person does not. I tend to understand who is really walking down the street and working in my favorite restaurant, and who is landscaping down the street. (all common ex-con jobs). I know what those obscure tattoos are. I can pretty much spot an ex con way before they tell me. My Mom used to be an anti carry until her favorite grocery store was robbed at gunpoint in daylight hours. Plus, I have carried in a lot of places with her along and she never knew until I told her later. My Dad understands the kind of people I dealt with. Plus I sent a lot of people BACK to prison. Their family, who I had a lot of contact with...did not like me at all. They are still out. I still had to see them at wally world and the mall, etc. So not only are you necessarily protecting yourself, you possibly might be called upon to protect others lawfully. BG are out there even if they have done some prison time. Like a wise old police officer told me...."you won't get shot with a Custom 1911, or stabbed with a Benchmade tactical folder. You will probably be shot with a stolen Raven .25 or cut by a knife from the "greasy spoon". Somehting I tend to always remember.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pogostick View Post
    When I read the title, I was really thinking this thread was gonna go in a completely different direction. I was expecting the first post to have something like "SWF 22, enjoys long walks on the beach, while packing heat... etc, etc"

Oh well, I'm 26 single guy, but I work at a university so its kinda like in Dazed and Confused "I get older, they (girls) stay the same age."
    LOL!!!

Was single till 34. Never want to be single again (no honest offense to those who are). Incidentally, wife gone for two weeks (father sick). I push all the sheets/bedspread to the middle of the bed as I sleep without covers. Got up couple nights ago for the twice nightly tinkle (pushing sixty). Looked over at the sillhouetted "lump" and noted my wife was asleep. Took two steps and jumped. "My wife's in Alabama! Who the bleep is that!?!? Stopped drinking last year so knew it wasn't a booze tangent. Took about three seconds to get reoriented. Sigh, previews of coming attractions.

Almost was...

when the SO found out about the new pistol.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Married 31 years, great wife, her carry gun Kahr P9.

"First rule of a gun fight is to have a gun"

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Blissfully married for 43 years.

I wear the pants in my family and I have my wife's permission to say that!
    The man song.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~thoffman/videos/mansong.swf
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Why in the world would you bring up a such a topic!
    Ugh...single and 27...although my pitbull seems to think she wears the pants in my house.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Single here for 5 years and counting.

It's nice and quiet in the house now. Well,, until I turn on the home theater. LOL.

Never married and just recently became single again. Looks like I have to buy another Bersa thunder because my x girlfriend is not giving me back the one I bought her for Christmas. Anyway I left her off better than I found her. She is now armed and is a member of the NRA.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    Wow. Old memories,I remeber that wayyy back like 5 years ago when the local pop station was playing it.

I'm 20 years old, I am awaiting my upcoming my 21st birthday (august). I've been living with my fiancee since janurary.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Well I didn't say in my last post, I am married.
    Got married late at 34, mainly due to spending the previous 20 years with a never ending succession of pretty psychopaths and nubile nutjobs.
    Then I was found by the calmest person I ever met. Who then introduced me to the gun culture.

And this thread is useless without pics...
    Attached Images

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    Yep, that's me!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Aaaayep. Single here too. Happily. Can't afford a wife or a girlfriend right now.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

BGR
    I am 46 never married but live with my girlfriend, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    This is my answer to that:
    I've noticed the many similarities between weddings and funerals myself...
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

me
    22 and Single about 9 months out of an engagement that ended badly. I carry to protect myself and especially my youth group kids. Out with them all day yesterday Kel-Tec in my pocket.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links