Is anyone here currently single? - Page 6

Is anyone here currently single?

This is a discussion on Is anyone here currently single? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; late 30's and have never married....=( right gal hasn't come along 'cause I think she was hiding!! Where you AT???...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    late 30's and have never married....=(
    right gal hasn't come along 'cause I think she was hiding!!

Where you AT???
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Divorced.

I even got to keep all my stuff!!!!

I now believe that old saw: There's nothing better than a good marriage...and nothing worse than a bad one!!!!

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

August 19th will be our 18th wedding anniversary. We have 5 kids, a 16 year old boy who is a scary good shot with a rifle with open sights, a 12 year old girl who is a very good shot with the Sig P239 and an outstanding softball player, an 11 year old boy who is a pretty good shot with a .22 rifle and who is destined to be a marine biologist I think (he knows more about turtles than anyone I have ever met) and fraternal twin 5 year old boys who work as a team to drive us crazy.

My wife and I met on a blind date that neither of us was aware was a blind date (in other words, a set up) and we both fell in love at first sight. I asked her to marry me 30 minutes after we met, without knowing her last name, and she said yes.

Now, almost 18 years later, we are happier and more in love than we ever have been.
    I carry my Glock 23 every day and she carries her XD .40sc every day.
    We shoot together as a family.
    My wife and I are each others back up. What more could I ask for?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    August 19th will be our 18th wedding anniversary. We have 5 kids, a 16 year old boy who is a scary good shot with a rifle with open sights, a 12 year old girl who is a very good shot with the Sig P239 and an outstanding softball player, an 11 year old boy who is a pretty good shot with a .22 rifle and who is destined to be a marine biologist I think (he knows more about turtles than anyone I have ever met) and fraternal twin 5 year old boys who work as a team to drive us crazy.

My wife and I met on a blind date that neither of us was aware was a blind date (in other words, a set up) and we both fell in love at first sight. I asked her to marry me 30 minutes after we met, without knowing her last name, and she said yes.

Now, almost 18 years later, we are happier and more in love than we ever have been.
    I carry my Glock 23 every day and she carries her XD .40sc every day.
    We shoot together as a family.
    My wife and I are each others back up. What more could I ask for?

You Sir are Blessed, if anyone tells you they don't believe in faith slap them.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I am alone so I am only protecting myself. My husband and I have been seperated for nearly four years and I don't even know where he is. I just haven't gotten around to file for divorce but it is over for sure.

My soon to be ex had encouraged me to get a handgun in the past. At the time I had the mistaken idea that he could protect me and I was safe. I was safe when he was around of course as he was a big guy.... former special military something too. Looking back I can see that I should have gotten a gun a long time ago. He was at work, I was walking around the community without him.

And ironically, I work with criminals and had been threatened in the past. I just lived under the denial that I was safe because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    29, just celebrated the 8th wedding anniversary, got a gorgeous 2 yr old daughter, and a baby boy due in about 6 weeks. My wife is a keeper because I don't think I could find another woman that would put up with me like she does.

I'm 29 and our 8th anniversery was a few weeks ago. Have a 4 1/2 year old girl, and a 2 1/2 year old boy.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I've been married 29 years now. My better half has her own Sig 232's. We're both in our 70's and enjoy our time together. It took me a while to get it right. I've been married twice before. This time it worked out right and I wouldn't change a thing.

I am single but well spoken for. I believe my correct status is now "fiance". Recently gave my honey a big big big diamond ring. So big the insurance company has it appraised and listed.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiked View Post
    Wife Mod 1.0 shoots PPC but nowhere near me!

Well, here's hoping that her aim never improves!!!!

As for me, I've been married continuously, to the same wonderful woman, for over 22 years.

I've got this theory that some single guys chase women like some dogs chase cars. Both tend to get cured in the very same way:

They catch one.

Also married 28 1/2 years, I guess I don't remember ever being single, whats it like? My wife loves to shoot. I just need to get her to carry as well.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

28 and single......I do, however, have 2 roommates who are my best friends and, of course, my 3 cats, all of which I consider family.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Administrator
    I dont think I've ever been single for my entire adult life. I wouldnt know what to do if I where single.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont think I've ever been single for my entire adult life. I wouldnt know what to do if I where single.
    Well, for starters we get to spend a lot more on ammo. We also don't have to ask permission to buy a new "toy"...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Divorced since 1991, been a bachelor since. Only my dog gets along with me for any length of time. Dogs are always loyal.

Being married was the best time of my life.

Best time of your life? Then why the dee-vorce? Been there myself and had the BEST time of my live after! Married again, now, and loving it. I chose poorly the first time.

Been married for 29 years the wife and I exchanged pistols for our last anniversary
    Where all men think alike few men think at all

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links