Defensive Carry banner

Is anyone here currently single?

8K views 109 replies 95 participants last post by  simon 
#1 ·
I know the majority or at least alot of the members of this board are married and have families, but I was just wondering if anyone here is currently single like I am. I'm 22 years old and in college, so I really have no family of my own to protect, other than my Mother (Dad has his own guns and is able to protect himself) who happens to be one of the many antis, and I take her places quite often, because I still live with my parents for the time that I'm in school.

BTW: I'm eating nachos as I type this. I was a little late with the nacho thing, but tonight I happened to be craving nachos, so I had to go to Taco Bell and get me some nachos! Now I'm an official CCW holder LOL!

#31 ·
I am 29 and single. I carry EVERYDAY. I worked as a parole officer, who unlike a police officer deals with all BG. All of my clients did at least one year plus of prison time. I notice things about people in general that the everyday person does not. I tend to understand who is really walking down the street and working in my favorite restaurant, and who is landscaping down the street. (all common ex-con jobs). I know what those obscure tattoos are. I can pretty much spot an ex con way before they tell me. My Mom used to be an anti carry until her favorite grocery store was robbed at gunpoint in daylight hours. Plus, I have carried in a lot of places with her along and she never knew until I told her later. My Dad understands the kind of people I dealt with. Plus I sent a lot of people BACK to prison. Their family, who I had a lot of contact with...did not like me at all. They are still out. I still had to see them at wally world and the mall, etc. So not only are you necessarily protecting yourself, you possibly might be called upon to protect others lawfully. BG are out there even if they have done some prison time. Like a wise old police officer told me...."you won't get shot with a Custom 1911, or stabbed with a Benchmade tactical folder. You will probably be shot with a stolen Raven .25 or cut by a knife from the "greasy spoon". Somehting I tend to always remember.

#33 ·
Almost was...

when the SO found out about the new pistol.:gah:

#38 ·
Never married and just recently became single again. Looks like I have to buy another Bersa thunder because my x girlfriend is not giving me back the one I bought her for Christmas. Anyway I left her off better than I found her. She is now armed and is a member of the NRA.

#40 ·
Well I didn't say in my last post, I am married.
Got married late at 34, mainly due to spending the previous 20 years with a never ending succession of pretty psychopaths and nubile nutjobs.
Then I was found by the calmest person I ever met. Who then introduced me to the gun culture.

And this thread is useless without pics...

Attachments

#45 ·
22 and Single about 9 months out of an engagement that ended badly. I carry to protect myself and especially my youth group kids. Out with them all day yesterday Kel-Tec in my pocket.

#48 ·
34, married for years next month, 4 yr old boy
wife has chl, baits her own hook, carries a Glock 26 or Keltec P11
she nags me more about getting another method of carrying or getting in some range time than most other things
.....whats not to like ?

#103 ·
just realized I left out a number in my first post...it should read 9 years :redface: (goof thing she doesn't read this forum)

...and need to add....my mom visited this weekend, she got her a Keltec P3AT to add to her XD9sc...and now my wife wants a P3AT too....I said sure...and I'll get a Glock 19.....its been a week, we'll see when it happens lol

#51 ·
i think i'll always be a bachelor. it's that whole "compromise" thing that doesn't sit well with me.

#92 ·
At 20 years of age I find this statement to be the one I agree the most with. However, I love my girlfriend, for all of our differences, and I think she's the only one that could be for me. I really don't want anyone else.

-B

#54 ·
Well I didn't say in my last post, I am married.
Got married late at 34, mainly due to spending the previous 20 years with a never ending succession of pretty psychopaths and nubile nutjobs.
Then I was found by the calmest person I ever met. Who then introduced me to the gun culture.

And this thread is useless without pics...
You married Alicia Coppola!? :wink:

#56 ·
Monday, August 20th is my 19th wedding anniversary. We're both teachers in the public schools, both teach at the secondary level. Here's the irony: Our anniversary is on the opening day of the new school year.

My first date with the gal I would eventually marry, we went to church. Second date we went to the RANGE. She knew guns and my conservative 2nd Amendment politics went with the package and that it was a "deal breaker." Our first anniversary, she bought me a Ruger 10/22 rifle. The 2nd I got a Dillon Reloading machine. Yep...my gal's a keeper!

#58 ·
44 and still single :smile: I have a Chocolate lab that is my best friend, he knows two words really well, Jeep and hunt,everything else is ignored:rolleyes: Great life, never had it so good! I hunt when I want, fish when I want, chase girls all the time! (the dog helps catch them) with goofy antics, what a Pal! :hand10:

#59 ·
happly married 11 years 4 kid later i happy i have a wife who belives in the 2nd and buys me cool guns all the time! for fathersday her and the kids bought me a mosin naganet m44 and for my birthday she got me a kel-tec su-16 c .

#60 ·
Divorced since 1991, been a bachelor since. Only my dog gets along with me for any length of time. Dogs are always loyal.

Being married was the best time of my life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.