Yet another reason to dislike Time Warner Cable

This is a discussion on Yet another reason to dislike Time Warner Cable within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I came across my second posted building today, besides the PO that is. When I went to pay my cable bill at Time Warner in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another reason to dislike Time Warner Cable

I came across my second posted building today, besides the PO that is. When I went to pay my cable bill at Time Warner in Erie I noticed they have a new sign declaring their store to be a designated victim zone. For some reason they cite Ohio law on the sign despite the fact his store is located in PA . My guess is that the sign is whatever Ohio designates as the legal means to forbid concealed carry, since TW is based in Ohio. They then go on to state specifically that a license to carry still does not give the carrier permission to bring in a weapon. So, in addition to high prices, a lack of HD programming (I can't even get HD if I pay extra in this city) and crappy customer service they want me to check the Constitution at the door whenever I go to pay my bill?

No, I think not.

I dropped all service but the internet today as I need it for school and to maintain my sanity, but as soon as I can get DSL rigged up here I'm dropping them like a hot potato, and sending corporate headquarters a polite but strongly worded letter explaining precisely why they're losing out on $100 a month from me. Feel free to post if you have Time Warner and are going to dump them because of this, I'll send them a list and a total of the business they'll be losing thanks to this pointless policy.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

VIP Member
    Check the constitution at the door? Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. That argument holds water when you're talking about governments. Like it or not, their property rights are in tact, and they have the right to dictate who can come onto their property. They chose to designate their property as a gun free zone. I would choose not to do business with them, but they do have the right to dictate whether or not people may be armed on their property. Just as you have the right to dictate who may be armed on your property.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

True, they have that right. I didn't mean to imply that what they're doing is illegal, it's not. But that doesn't make it right.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

The sign still holds no legal bearing in PA. You can walk in there with your piece just fine, you're not guilty of a crime unless they ask you to leave and you refuse.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

In most states it's only a petty misdemeanor ($20 ticket or so) plus the hassle. I've always tried to approach management and let them know why I will not continue to use thir product. I also instruct my students "thats why it's called concealed". I have been armed for years before most carry laws were passed and nobody ever approached or inquired if I was armed. Good luck
    Semper fi

Maybe an organization like the cable company that provides crappy customer service, tends to have rude service reps, and always has pissed off customers coming in is better off not allowing guns inside. Maybe they know something we don't.

Wait for Comcast to buy that market out. They just bought a huge portion of the cable companies in my area. They provide overall better services than most companies. I am sure some people will disagree with me. What can I say I can't bad mouth my employer. I have noticed that they are getting better and better every year. I haven't seen one of them posted yet. Although technically employees are not supposed to bring weapons on the premises unless prohibited by state law, but that doesn't make it illegal in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot View Post
    Semper fi

Welcome aboard Sir,

Former "Raging Bull" 2nd MAW here! Enlisted puke.

Hope you like our little space on the web here and that you become an active participant !
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Exclamation Whoa

Quote Originally Posted by jcheinaman View Post
    Wait for Comcast to buy that market out. They just bought a huge portion of the cable companies in my area. They provide overall better services than most companies. I am sure some people will disagree with me. What can I say I can't bad mouth my employer. I have noticed that they are getting better and better every year. I haven't seen one of them posted yet. Although technically employees are not supposed to bring weapons on the premises unless prohibited by state law, but that doesn't make it illegal in PA.
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but IMHO Comcast (in Florida, at least) doesn't inspire much customer loyalty, to put it politely. I have both TV and Internet with them and I'm looking into Satellite/DSL due to poor Comcast experiences.

Of course, they don't post their offices as being "Armed Criminal Only" (no CCW) zones, so they're not ALL bad......

Luckily I have Brighthouse, but I'm not sure if thats a Division of TW or not.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

i jst moved and i didnt even consider TW. The are the only cable company we can get in OH. I went with dish and it works well for me. I am glad I didn't go with TW. They suck anyway.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have Time Warner for internet only! I changed to Direct T.V. and I
    will never go back to a cable provider for anything but internet hookup.You get better service for less money no annual increases!

Heck yes. If I worked for a Cable company...especially Charter Cable in SC I'd not want customers bringing guns to see me either. I had Charter Cable for about 24 hours before I dumped their equipment on the desk of a local office and demanded a complete refund.

If I pissed off as many people as your local cable company I'd be worried too.

Just keep your weapon properly concealed and no one will be the wiser. I carry in posted places all the time. In VA it's just a trespass charge if you don't leave when asked. But if they don't know you got it, they aren't gonna ask you to leave now are they

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I've had DirecTV for years, and love it. No cable for me ever again, unless I don't have a choice. I would highly reccomend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links