just wanted to say!

just wanted to say!

This is a discussion on just wanted to say! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mostly I just read. Today I will post. I read plenty about how people carry, and what they carry. I guess it really don't matter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just wanted to say!

just wanted to say!

Mostly I just read.

Today I will post.

I read plenty about how people carry, and what they carry. I guess it really don't matter how or what we carry, as long as we do, and do it cautiously, and carefully.

When I am out, I always am looking to try to see if I can find anyone else with a concealed weapon. I have seen what I think may be one, but not really seen anyone else with one, and I guess that means we as a society are doing a great job.

Now as for me, I carry a ruger p90 stainless. I have a IWB holster, and sometimes I put it inside my waist band and other times I wear it on the outside of the waist band.

Ok so I am an old man of 65 years old!

I wear the extra long tailed shirts like the gang bangers wear, and I love them. They come way down over my carry.

When I go shopping I even wear shorts with a long tee shirt, and my carry is totally undectable.

I therorize that style doesn't matter to me, after all I have done my time on this earth, and I will let the younger set go for the style.

People don't even give me a second glance with my style and that is the way I personaly like it. Better safe then sorry.

I get my shirts from a store named Champs, it is a sporting good store. The shirts are very inexpenive, like $5 each.

Well I hope the rest of you out there carry safe, and be prepared at all times. Dang sounds like a boy scout motto!!

Well I guess they are correct too.

Hi! Good to hear from you! "old"at 65? Nah, just seasoned! I'm 52! Rugers are great guns, used to have a P345 but traded it just because I could not get use to the slim safety but it shot accurately and always went bang! Post more often! Long live the Boy Scouts!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

As long as you carry responsibly I dont think anyone cares how old the person is.

Personally, I just barely make the legal age to drink alcohol.

Old? You are a mere child to this 71 year old.

I agree; since I retired I don't much care what I wear as long as a neck tie and "dress up clothes "aren't involved.

I'm new to CC and have a problem in that I'm left handed. Makes it difficult to find holsters. Another problem is that I am fat, which makes CC even more difficult. Right now I carry a Kahr PM 9 in a pocket holster with cargo shorts and that will probably always be my main carry gun. I have ordered a left handed IWB from UBG Holsters for my Tarus PT 1911 .45. I'll see how well it hides, especially in winter when the clothing is heavier.

I think you are correct in what you say, it doesn't really matter what everyone carries (though it is interesting to know what everyone prefers) as long as we all do carry. And that we do it safely.

You should post more often, there are lots of us who could benefit from your experience. And 65 isn't old. 65 is experienced.

I hope we see you more often.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Wink elshadow...

Appreciate your post...I too, have just entered the 6th decade...

If I've learned anything during these years, it's that the 'elders' have plenty of info...I listen and learn...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I guess at 51. I'm just a kid I find myself looking at folks too. I han't seen too many. I guess they all have good holsters.

maryland has crappy laws and you cant get get a permit unless your a politician or have tons of money you cant get a permit so when im in my home state i carry my ar in my trunk . the laws are so strict that when you go to the range you can't even stop between your resendence and the range god this state sucks .
    "who are the milita ?they consist now of the whole people ,except a few public officers ."george mason ,virgina ratification covention, june 16,1778

63 here and also new to CC. Still getting used to carrying my M&P 9c in a CTAC holster. Likewise, style takes a backseat to functionality and comfort, IMHO!
    Chuck

VIP Member
    By golly welcome!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Administrator

Thumbs up elshadow001

OK - Good thread that you just started...now keep it up.

No need to go back to being quiet again.

Glad to hear that you're carrying every day.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGeezer View Post
    63 here and also new to CC. Still getting used to carrying my M&P 9c in a CTAC holster. Likewise, style takes a backseat to functionality and comfort, IMHO!
    Welcome, T-Geezer...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

At 74 my eyesight got too bad to keep shooting IDPA but I enjoyed it while I could. Maybe I'll take it up agan after I get the cataracts removed. I have been thinking about easier sights to use. Maybe a red dot sight. Anyone tried these, and what about the poor vision and these sights?
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I'm not a huge guy, 5'11" and 172 lbs., but when I get tee shirts (usually cheap at Target, decent weight and quality), I wear size XL. They don't hang really super baggy or huge on me, but I do get the length I need out of them so that they cover me if I'm wearing an IWB holster.

One of the important considerations when carrying concealed is that the cover garments you wear to effectively conceal your gun don't end up looking out of place, like a long coat on a warm day.

Use what works, yes, but also consider whether it will look appropriate for the venue.

Welcome, I'm 62 6'1" tall and weigh 203,I carry a Ruger P345 in a Fist 1A with an extreme fwd cant,extremely comfortable.
    Like you, I wear long tail Hawaiian shirts that belong untucked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links