Why a Great Holster and Belt are pushed (Police Questioning)

This is a discussion on Why a Great Holster and Belt are pushed (Police Questioning) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I was out with some buddies in a popular part of town in Northern Virginia. I was CC as the Hookah lounge does ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why a Great Holster and Belt are pushed (Police Questioning)

Why a Great Holster and Belt are pushed (Police Questioning)

Last night I was out with some buddies in a popular part of town in Northern Virginia. I was CC as the Hookah lounge does not serve alcohol. The strip mall has about 40 businesses in it if not more. Because of all the night life that occurs there are always 2 marked patrol cars somewhere in the lot.

The hookah lounges are owned and run by Arab/middle eastern people and majority of the customers are also the same. I would say at least once a night there is a dispute between a few of them, sometimes ending a fight in the parking lot. Sure sure, bad idea to go there if there are fights. But I have never personally had issues, I have never been in a religious dispute and I know the owner and his employees very well at the lounge I frequent.

Anyway, when we left at 3 AM I was greeted by an officer and questioned. Told they had a police call come in. First thought, crap I was made! Started to wonder if I bent over wrong or did something weird and my gun showed. But it was not the case, said they had a call but they did not say what the occurrence was. So as I stood there for a few minutes being questioned and looked up and down by this officer he never once realized I was concealing a USP. (In VA you do not have to inform LEOs) I told him sorry for not being any help and went on my way.

I have to say, having a great belt and holster that tucks nicely, does not sag and keeps you worry free about printing is a DEFINITE NEED. It is a huge confidence booster if you can speak with an officer, keep your cool and not fidget because you are "hiding something."

So, thank you Comp-Tac. Your C-Tac has always been amazing since the day I put it on quite some time ago.

Stay Safe

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Wow. I'm glad nothing bad happened/it wasn't the classic 'man with gun' call.

Cool to see another virginian on the boards...esp one who can appreciate a hookah! I go all the time in richmond.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Fastwaker View Post
    So, thank you Comp-Tac. Your C-Tac has always been amazing...
    Why am I not surprised?

Geez...I keep hearing great things about the C-TAC. I am just going to have to take the plunge and buy one. The problem is, since I have lost 120 pounds I have found that IWB carry is pretty darn uncomfortable. I guess my hips don't have the padding they used to and are a bit bony now.

Is the C-TAC comfortable?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Geez...I keep hearing great things about the C-TAC. I am just going to have to take the plunge and buy one. The problem is, since I have lost 120 pounds I have found that IWB carry is pretty darn uncomfortable. I guess my hips don't have the padding they used to and are a bit bony now.

Is the C-TAC comfortable?
    (made practically the same post a million times so appoligies for everyone that has read my "rant" about c-tac)
    I'm 5'11" 135lbs soaking wet with gear on and I use a C-TAC with a G19 and love it. Very comfortable for all day wear. Took a bit of playing with all of the different adjustment options but after about an hour I got it to where I liked it and it has remained there since. Overall highly rated by me.

VIP Member
    It always amazes me that someone will buy a $500.00 + gun then post a thread that they want a "really good holster" but they want it "cheap"! Where does anyone ever get the idea that quality is "cheap"?

You get what you pay for! You're right, a good holster and belt make owning and carrying your weapon a joy instead of a chore!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    It always amazes me that someone will buy a $500.00 + gun then post a thread that they want a "really good holster" but they want it "cheap"! Where does anyone ever get the idea that quality is "cheap"?
    Now, Thumper, you know Fobus has your back....

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Good story, but all I have to ask is this... if the HOOKAH lounge doesn't serve alcohol, then what does it serve?
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

VIP Member
    A good belt and holster are required. Many times teaching CHP classes or working behind the counter I would remind people that a good belt and holster would add about $200 to their purchase budget depending. They were always astounded and didn't get why they needed a good belt and holster.

In one case I told the guy I was carrying a .44 on my hip right then. He and his wife couldn't see it until I showed it to them. A good belt and holster are worth whatever you need to spend on them. Having carried in cheese gear and suffered the pain, I will not do it again.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Good story, but all I have to ask is this... if the HOOKAH lounge doesn't serve alcohol, then what does it serve?
    Its a tobacco water pipe. The lounge I frequent is owned by Egyptian people. Since they do not drink alcohol they do not serve it at the lounge. Just soda/teas/coffee/fruit drinks/smoothies.

I guess to some of the older guys here you would refer to it as a bong.
    But that is not what it was originally intended to be used for.

And its not just regular tobacco. You can order all kinds of differant flavors. Think if you mixed a smoke shop and an icecream parlor up and what you get is a hooka bar.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

"But that is not what it was originally intended to be used for."

Oh, really?........

I think you'd find out differently in the Middle East, where they sometimes sprinkle a little hash on the tobacco......
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

VIP Member
    The thought of putting my mouth on the same thing as so many other people always disgusted me.

That said, I know plenty of military people that have gone to Hookah bars in the middle east and then passed urine tests without a problem. I'd say that he was correct in saying that the pipe wasn't invented for smoking wacky tobaccy
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Fastwaker View Post
    Its a tobacco water pipe. The lounge I frequent is owned by Egyptian people. Since they do not drink alcohol they do not serve it at the lounge. Just soda/teas/coffee/fruit drinks/smoothies.

I guess to some of the older guys here you would refer to it as a bong.
    But that is not what it was originally intended to be used for.

Oh I am rather aware of what a hookah is and what its intended use is for. Young in's always think they have to explain everything in detail to the old farts...
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Get caught with a water pipe in THIS area, and I guarantee you'll sit down at the cop shop until they figure out what's in the residue in the bowl.....Cannabis originally came from the Middle East, not Hawaii....
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links