Girlfriend and her GLOCK thwart road rage attack

This is a discussion on Girlfriend and her GLOCK thwart road rage attack within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm SOO proud of her! Today her and Maddy were running errands in the Lakewood area, picking up a text book, etc. She is driving ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend and her GLOCK thwart road rage attack

Girlfriend and her GLOCK thwart road rage attack

I'm SOO proud of her!

Today her and Maddy were running errands in the Lakewood area, picking up a text book, etc. She is driving to get coffee when a new F250 speeds up on her bumper and honks at her (she's doing just over the speed limit). She continues at her pace and the truck starts swaying back and forth in the lane as aggressive tailgaters sometimes do, yelling at her from the open window.

The coffee shop comes up and she pulls off, and the man follows her. She puts her purse on the seat and proceeds to the drivethru window and places her order. The man, a large contractor type, comes up to the driver's side rear door area between the car and the shop and starts screaming, cursing, and making threats at the top of his lungs, FREAKING OUT. The barista was mortified and really couldn't do much of anything but watch. Mil was telling him "Calm down, or I'm going to call the cops. Get back in your truck..." etc, not escalating the situation. He just kept getting madder and madder. Finally he comes up and puts his hands on the sill and starts to lean in when she pulled the GLOCK from her purse, not pointing it at him. He DISAPPEARS. The barista gave her a free drink lol.

This happened about 10 mins before I got off work, and she texts me this understated msg; "Something scary just happened....call me ASAP". I call her and she told me everything and I had her call the cops, one to open the possibility that he might be prosecuted for the crime that that road rage is here, and two to make sure the cops had her story if he were to call and report brandishing. The cops had this to say; "Well that's nice, call back if you have any further problems". Wonderful.

What kind of meathead puts a mother and daughter in danger on the road, then comes and freaks out and threatens a mother MUCH smaller then himself with a little girl on board no less?? I was so pissed, but everything did turn out ok. Guess he wasn't counting on Mr. GLOCK....
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Luckily she was armed and resonded correctly. Too bad so many out there for get their manners.. Glad to hear a gun protected another. Tell her well done and carry on.

Give your girlfriend a great big hug and tell her Great Job. I'm glad everything turned out well.
    Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

send this account to the NRA so they can print it up in the Armed Citizen column. i tried to find a link on their website but no luck. may have to snail mail it to them.

Administrator

Thumbs up SGeringer

Kudos! Glad that everything worked out OK.
    Another Citizen Success Story with a good happy ending.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    Warm fuzzies right now!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    For the life of me I can't figure out how some people get so worked up over..... what? She's going a litle over the limit and he's pissed because she is going too slow for him?He's out accosting people because he didn't plan his time correctly? Good job on her part; maybe he won't pull that sort of crap next time. Tell her good job!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

While some get way to upset...there are those that should MOVE OVER..

If the lane to the right is open...move to it...there will ALWAYS be someone that wants to go faster..and you are just asking for something like this to happen if you lolly gag in the "fast" lane.

This also leaves the lane open for emergency vehicles and for emergency lane changes if necessary.

Please tell her "good job!"..but also dont let her hang out in the fast lane. This entire incident could have been avoided if she had just moved over..and realistically..I'd rather my wife avoid a situation, than get into one.
    Brad B.

Quote Originally Posted by AZG23

If the lane to the right is open...move to it...there will ALWAYS be someone that wants to go faster..and you are just asking for something like this to happen if you lolly gag in the "fast" lane.

This also leaves the lane open for emergency vehicles and for emergency lane changes if necessary.

Please tell her "good job!"..but also dont let her hang out in the fast lane. This entire incident could have been avoided if she had just moved over..and realistically..I'd rather my wife avoid a situation, than get into one.

As a lead-foot car nut, I agree with you. This was not the scenario however....this happened in interurban traffic, not the freeway. Moving over was not possible.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

hmm, I didn't notice where the story mentioned a 4-lane road. Around here, most roads are 2-lanes.
    At any rate, if the guy was in such a hurry, how'd he have time to stop and harrass the GF? lol.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Kudos for the was she handled it .. As a repair man i see driving like that a lot and am prone to pull over and let people pass i did so other day in a neighbor hood sure i was going little slower hard to read house #'s while flying....

Just so happen the idiot riding my bumper was the place i was going ... i get there he asks what ya pull over for to which i tole him he was driving like a ________ (add your fav term here ) and i wanted to get rid of him ... He shut up real fast

Yup, she did the right thing. Seems a lot of lead feet out there, and some of those are hotheads that just can't stand to have someone getting in their way. I guess it's that way everywhere. I was curious about the Police response though...guess it just wasn't exciting enough for them!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Hey AZG23, Sounds to me like your trying very hard to make every excuse that you can for the "road rage type AH". IMHO if the state laws don't say that I have to always drive in the slow lane except to pass----or----the state laws don't say that I always have to do EXACTLY the speed limit then I will drive in whichever lane that I choose to drive in AND go 10mph UNDER the speed limit if I choose to do so. There are alot of reasons that I can think of for not going as fast as YOU want me to go and not being in the lane that YOU prefer that I be in. If I'm looking for an address "up here on the left somewhere" what would you have me do? Seems that alot of drivers nowadays feel that they have more right than you to be on the road because ----they have a bigger vechicle than you--- they want to go faster than you---- they make a living on the road and your just and "ordinary driver"---etc.,etc. Let me just say that I always stay in the far right lane except to pass but I sometimes go under the speed limit. Should I be treated like the above lady for it? If I don't like how someone is driving(unless they endanger me or my families life) I mutter at them under my breath,but that is all. In my opinion the police should take action against the overly agressive driver in the above story. Seems to me that it is just a matter of time that he will injure someone either in or out of his vechicle. Would you want it to be your wife ??? No me !------- This I say with all due respect to my fellow drivers and my fellow CCWer's-----

I wont quote all of your post RSSZ...

But Im not making excuses...And there is NO excuse for road rage and it isnt blown off by LEA's here in AZ.

It is common courtesy to stay to the right unless passing. While I do not advocate raging on someone in traffic...I see alot of people jsut meandering thru their commute in the left lane and holding up traffic flow. Common courtesy has gone out the window on the roads of America.

I see people doing 65 in the fast lane on the freeway here. While it is posted 65 it still impedes traffic and can cause road rage. Why would you purposefully walk up to a 280 lb. Linebacker and smack him in the face..? You wouldnt...so why provoke someone into RR by being inconsiderate and staying in the fast lane while traffic is mounting up behind them.

This is my point, Im not saying that the specific actions that she or he took were right or wrong...just stating what I see and experience here in AZ..and how you can easily avoid those situations in general.

As for my wife...she used to stay in whatever lane she pulled into...and had a few slight run-ins of this type..not nearly as aggressive, After talking and explaining the situation it can cause she now go's with the flow of traffic and if she needs to go slower...she does it in the slow lane. I personally do the slow lane unless passing, or if nothing is "catching" up to me...driving isnt a blur of get in the car and go to point A. You need to be aware of what/who is around you even more so than when you arent in your car. Im simply wanting folks to realize it "can" happen as there are alot of ill tempered drivers out there in our world.

Stay safe..stay right!
    Brad B.

Actually.....Ill edit my above where I said what he or she did was right or wrong..what HE did was wrong..I just wanted to make that point...thx
    Brad B.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links