NC: Financial Institutions?

This is a discussion on NC: Financial Institutions? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my CWP for two weeks now and I'm taking my first trip since I got it up to North Carolina to my parents ...

Thread: NC: Financial Institutions?

NC: Financial Institutions?

I've had my CWP for two weeks now and I'm taking my first trip since I got it up to North Carolina to my parents cabin.

I was reviewing the NC laws on Packing.org and some other sites and I note that "financial institutions" are on the "off limits" list.

Does this include supermarkets or other stores that have bank branches inside?
    "Friend, I would not harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."--Unknown Quaker

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I've had my CWP for two weeks now and I'm taking my first trip since I got it up to North Carolina to my parents cabin.

I was reviewing the NC laws on Packing.org and some other sites and I note that "financial institutions" are on the "off limits" list.

Does this include supermarkets or other stores that have bank branches inside?
    I look at it this way. When I go into a store that has a bank inside it as long as I do not enter the bank part all is good. When they build a bank with a store inside then I wont enter the bank, so I cant get to the store part. I think it works the same way as a Mall. One store in the mall can post a gun free zone but if the mall is not posted then I can go into the mall but stay out of the "GFZ" store.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

A pard on another forum called his NC instructor and according to him as long as I don't patronize the "bank" in the store I'm good.
    "Friend, I would not harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."--Unknown Quaker

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I note that "financial institutions" are on the "off limits" list.
    Yea that's a great place to have off limits, no BG's would think to rob anyone coming or going from a bank.
    Hopefully someone is working to correct that stupid law

Yes i agree it needs to be changed, But most Financial institutions
    have signs saying no concealed weapons, thats the key,you can
    carry open unless it says no guns.Better than not armed at all.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleJim View Post
    Yea that's a great place to have off limits, no BG's would think to rob anyone coming or going from a bank.
    Hopefully someone is working to correct that stupid law
    Our hands are full right now making sure no more stupid laws get passed.

NC the Bipolar gun state.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I always make it a point to walk into GFZ's clearly displaying my empty holster, that way they see exactly who's guns they are keeping out, the good ones.

The bank inside a store is not off limits for doing your banking business as long as you do not have to enter into a separate room in the store to reach the tellers counters. It is the same as using an ATM or night deposite outside of a bank. If you enter into a room that is separate from the store, then you are no longer legal.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I disagree with jtnick. I just checked Packing.org; North Carolina law states that you may not carry concealed in any financial institution. It has nothing to do with a posted sign; posting may prevent you from open carrying in a financial institution.

I am travelling for a week in N.C. later this month on my VA permit. What are the rules for conceal carry and open carry in restaraunts that serve alcohol?

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    I disagree with jtnick. I just checked Packing.org; North Carolina law states that you may not carry concealed in any financial institution. It has nothing to do with a posted sign; posting may prevent you from open carrying in a financial institution.

I am travelling for a week in N.C. later this month on my VA permit. What are the rules for conceal carry and open carry in restaraunts that serve alcohol?
    you don't.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I am sorry i was not clear, you can not carry concealed in finiacial institutions butyou can open carry unless posted no guns, i was just saying in NC if the sign says no concealed guns, then you are legal to carry open. But if the sign says no guns then you are not legal at all.

Thanks for clarifying; now we are in agreement.

Links