My wife's reaction on getting her carry permit - Page 2

My wife's reaction on getting her carry permit

This is a discussion on My wife's reaction on getting her carry permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ppkheat Yes, good grief, I should have mentioned what she'll be carrying, and she does like it. I got her a S&W ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife's reaction on getting her carry permit

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Yes, good grief, I should have mentioned what she'll be carrying, and she does like it. I got her a S&W 642

She's got good choice in guns. I've been carrying mine as a primary again lately until I prove the G19 ready for carry. Going out to my folks for dinner in a couple hours and my 642 is IWB strongside - yesterday it was my pocket gun.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Congratulations to both of you. If all of you that don't care for the picture on your CHP would just move to NC - no picture required.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I'll put up the clapping hands for both of you also!

Now both of you get out to the range and get some practice time!

As an aside, my wife had carried her MK9 in a pocket holster concealed in her bag. I talked her into getting an IWB holster which she has now had for about 5 months or so. She has still been carrying the MK in that little pocket holster in her bag. I asked her why she wasn't using the IWB as much and she told me that she felt the bag concept was just as good.

Fast forward to range time last week. I had her bring both of her holsters and we ran through some drills drawing from concealment. It took all of 5 minutes for her to realize just how slow and vulnerable carrying is if you have to draw from the "purse". After she realized that, I had her try again from the "purse" from a normal position and quickly tore the bag away from her. She was standing there empty handed and I said "Now what do you intend to do?.... Use harsh language?"

She now wear's that IWB almost all the time.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    I'll put up the clapping hands for both of you also!

Now both of you get out to the range and get some practice time!

As an aside, my wife had carried her MK9 in a pocket holster concealed in her bag. I talked her into getting an IWB holster which she has now had for about 5 months or so. She has still been carrying the MK in that little pocket holster in her bag. I asked her why she wasn't using the IWB as much and she told me that she felt the bag concept was just as good.

Fast forward to range time last week. I had her bring both of her holsters and we ran through some drills drawing from concealment. It took all of 5 minutes for her to realize just how slow and vulnerable carrying is if you have to draw from the "purse". After she realized that, I had her try again from the "purse" from a normal position and quickly tore the bag away from her. She was standing there empty handed and I said "Now what do you intend to do?.... Use harsh language?"

She now where's that IWB almost all the time.
    I'm going through that with my wife, trying to find a couple of different ways for her to carry on her person.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I haven't seen a photo of myself that I have liked for the past 20 years.

Your wife getting her CCW is something she will never regret. I know I haven't. It gives peace of mind to know you are not "helpless".

I carry a purse. One I got from http://www.coronadoleather.com/

The other is for everyday errands....it is a "Fat Boy". Works great.

I also have a fanny pack for around the house.

The thing about carrying off body....in a purse....is that you always have to be aware of it and guard it. It is all in the mindset. I know many women who have that kind of mind set even if they don't carry.
    No one wants to lose a purse....it carrys everything we need.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Congrats, to both of y ou.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    The photo! Haha - when if ever do those pics ever come out looking OK. By a freak chance my DL pic currently is almost good but my pic on FL non-res permit looks stretched - sorta ''egg-head'' LOL.
    My Florida pic is horrible and stretched also. I look like uncle fester, well almost. He looks better than my pic.
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links