Civil Disobedience? - Page 3

Civil Disobedience?

This is a discussion on Civil Disobedience? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like I said, there is no law against it. It is a loop hole regarding that there IS a law providing that CC is not ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Civil Disobedience?

JD
    Administrator
    Like I said, there is no law against it. It is a loop hole regarding that there IS a law providing that CC is not allowed in such an establishment.

So if you can get around the law via VA tuck or what ever it's called, your expoilting (rightfully so I might add) a loop hole IMHO.

I never said that anyhitng was wrong with that, I exploit it quite often, never said it was a bad thing.

And just out of blatant curiousity...what does the fact that your using a key board to type have to do with anything

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Like I said, there is no law against it. It is a loop hole regarding that there IS a law providing that CC is not allowed in such an establishment.

So if you can get around the law via VA tuck or what ever it's called, your expoilting (rightfully so I might add) a loop hole IMHO.

I never said that anyhitng was wrong with that, I exploit it quite often, never said it was a bad thing.

And just out of blatant curiousity...what does the fact that your using a key board to type have to do with anyhthing
    I was pointing out that there is NO SUCH THING as "loopholes". There is either a law for it or there isn't and if there isn't it's perfectly legal. The laws were not written to tell us what we can do. They were written to tell us what we can't do and that's how it should stay(extremely limited scope). Otherwise we live in a "live your life by their leave" country (ie reference to king george times). At any rate I'll stop arguing. Can anyone tell I've been feeling good and argumentative this weekend?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Thoreau wrote civil disobedience used to change governmental injustice could be considered correct and necessary. Are you actively fighting to correct a wrong?

I don't believe, in your case, not carrying a firearm into "establishments/places that forbid firearms or the concealed carry of firearms" makes you an agent of injustice; nor is an act of civil disobedience. IMHO it is a crime.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Your right is not being infringed. You have the right to carry a weapon into the restaurant. You're upset that you can't hide it.

Some people seem to be confusing the right to carry *concealed* with the right to keep and bear arms. An argument could be made that concealed carry is not a protected right under the 2A.

In fact, "hiding" your weapons has been considered rude and cowardly in the past, which is part of the reason why so many states had laws against it.

As far as civil disobedience goes, theoretically, I think a better case could be made for concealed carry as civil disobedience in areas where no real legal carry option exists. WI, IL, NY, D.C., etc.

I don't think a law that required, say, a level 2 or higher retention holster would be "infringing." And banning concealed carry in some situations while still allowing open carry falls into the same category in my mind.

Very good points.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links