CCW in a bank in Florida

CCW in a bank in Florida

This is a discussion on CCW in a bank in Florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can you CC in a bank with a permit in Florida? i thought you couldn't but i have had my liscense since 1995 and back ...

Thread: CCW in a bank in Florida

CCW in a bank in Florida

Can you CC in a bank with a permit in Florida? i thought you couldn't but i have had my liscense since 1995 and back then i dont thin kyou could but there was no mention on the florida website stating the places you couldn't CC.

Thanks in advance!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Nothing in the Florida statute that governs concealed carry prohibits carrying a gun in a bank. There is a list of prohibited places in the statute, and banks are not on it. Happy carrying!

Thats what i thought! Thanks

VIP Member
    I think in some banks you are not allowed (or will not be allowed) to wear a baseball cap, but AFAIK you can carry a gun. I done it.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Miggy...

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I think in some banks you are not allowed (or will not be allowed) to wear a baseball cap, but AFAIK you can carry a gun. I done it.
    What's with the baseball cap? Never heard of this before...
    I've been in Bank of America many times...armed, ball cap, and sun glasses...(have to admit that feeling what I might look like on the camera, I usually remove the sun glasses)...no one has ever said a word.

Really curious about the ball cap though...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

my dad would have knocked my head out from under my hat if i wore my hat inside .

there are rules of etiquette for wearing a hat , as a matter of fact there are rules of etiquette for a lot of things , holding doors open for elders and females .

way off topic i know but just like everyday ordinary conversation it evolves .

alright then bank carry oklahoma ok too .

but i rarely wear a hat helps cut out the confusion of when and were is acceptable .

bad manners are never acceptable.

lol
    elance

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I have never agreed with the "it's bad etiquette to wear a hat indoors," as to me it's just another article of clothing. Also, if it's one's habit to wear a hat for a prolonged period during the day, having to take it off makes one look like a woman would look if she were required to take off her makeup every time she went indoors. (The hair gets pretty funny-lookin' under the hat over time, and embarrasing to expose.)

However, I have always thought it rude to wear sunglasses indoors, particularly when you will be dealing with someone face-to-face. Just like I will not go to a cashier while talking on a cellular phone, I will not do business with sunglasses on. The only exception is if I am wearing my new prescription sunglasses for the day and don't have my regulars to switch to handy.

I myself only barely recollect having seen posted rules that say that hats/sunglasses have to be removed. I don't think it's a law, though. I just think I remember having seen a policy like that.

Wearing a hat indoors depends on where you are.

In a store it's fine. In a church, restaurant or someone's home you had better remove it from your head. If however you are in a Diner and sitting at the counter it's OK to keep your hat on, sitting at a table, take the hat off.

That's how I was raised and I'll keep doing it that way, as well as opening a door for a lady, no matter how old.

Biker

VIP Member
    Regarding baseball caps in the bank. I'm all for the etiquette end of it, however I bet the baseball cap issue is regarding the security cameras inside the bank. Most of the times those cameras are mounted high, and pointed down towards the customers at the tellers windows, presumably the bill of the cap could obscure the face of a would-be robber?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

1943 - 2009
    The OP's question was answered in the first reply. If you have anything to add to that topic, please do so.

If you want to discuss the etiquette of wearing a baseball cap indoors, which has nothing to do with concealed carry, feel free to start a new thread in the Off Topic forum.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    The Feds requested that all banks in the US post signs telling people to take off hats/sunglasses when entering a bank. Reason is that it will be easier to ID bank robbers from the videocams without the hat/sunglasses!

Like they will obey the "rule".

At any rate, it isn't law . . . yet!
    NRA Instructor

Links