3 licenses in 1 day

This is a discussion on 3 licenses in 1 day within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been out of town for 8 days but posted earlier in the week that I was notified my plastic was on the way. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 licenses in 1 day

3 licenses in 1 day

I have been out of town for 8 days but posted earlier in the week that I was notified my plastic was on the way. When I got home this evening I noticed three envelopes on the table. Two from Texas which I was expecting and one from Florida that was a complete surprise. Both my wife and I are now legal in the Lone Star state and I now hold a Florida license as well. What is surprising is that the Texas applications took 44 days door to door while the Florida license took only 18 days door to door. I submitted my Texas paperwork June 7th and Florida July 2 and received the Florida license one day before the Texas one. I am too tired to go to Wallyworld tonight so I plan to make the trip after church tomorrow. BTW, I may be the first to carry at church before going to Walmart

2. Remove Ads

18 Days???? I have been waiting 41 days now and I am a resident!!!!

Yeah....I know it's a little unreal. I flew to Florida to visit my kids the last week of June and while I was there I got electronically fingerprinted in Pinellas County where they live, submitted my Texas training certifcate and DD form 214 from the Air Force along with the pic and notarized affadavit from a lady at my son's bank. Must have done it right but I was literally shocked to see it so quick.

VIP Member
    We just got our Florida non-resident card, mine took 68 days, my wife's was 78. We both have squeaky clean backgrounds, submitted all the paperwork etc correctly.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Assistant Administrator
    Triple wammy huh!! Nice surprise.

Your FL trip must have made (obviously) a huge difference - my FL one took about 60 some days IIRC.

Mind you for shere contrast - absurd tho it might seem - my first PA permit took 30 minutes - the time needed to spend in SO - fill form, background check, pay - and out! Of course some would criticize the fact that we have no mandated training.

I do feel some time frames are way excessive - even if admin is overloaded ... often seems like a case of doing what has to legally be done but - no hurry whatsoever!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Hoo-Boy, A double helping of nachos Better you than me! Just kidding, Congrats on the permits!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

VIP Member
    Congrats. Nice welcome home/

VIP Member
    ...Congrats! x 3...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Good job Tim.

Congrats!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Tri-grats...

on the permits...if you do FL correctly, they are quick...my renewal took 11 days (I know, renewal is different...but that is still pretty quick)!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post

Mind you for shere contrast - absurd tho it might seem - my first PA permit took 30 minutes - the time needed to spend in SO - fill form, background check, pay - and out! Of course some would criticize the fact that we have no mandated training.
    Yes, that's very convenient for us. But I took a defensive pistol training class anyway, for my own benefit. That's in addition to the required UT CCW training.

I fear the lack of training requirement keeps some other states from offering PA reciprocity. Where that hurts us is in those states that don't recognize PA and do recognize FL and UT, but only for residents of those states. That's KS and WV* currently, but I can foresee (ok, speculate) NV and SC doing the same once they get their reciprocity policies ironed out.

Colorado was a close call, but just as they started the policy of only recognizing out-of-state permits for residents of those states, they added reciprocity with PA (phew!).

*WV passed a bill in March '07 transferring reciprocity authority from the governor to the AG. Last month they announced several new states with which they reached reciprocity agreement. Their announcement says "In order to enter into concealed weapon reciprocity agreements with other states certain criteria must be met to ensure their licensing requirements for their applicants are as stringent as West Virginia’s." That's where PA's lack of a training requirement may hold up reciprocity.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

VIP Member
    Congratulations, Tim!

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Congrats and get those nachos

Quote Originally Posted by sdr7871 View Post
    18 Days???? I have been waiting 41 days now and I am a resident!!!!
    Keep an eye on the calendar. According to FL 790.06 6(c) they have 90 days to either issue the permit or deny it.

According to the instructor of my CCW class, if it goes longer than 90 days a fine is levied against the DoA. The person who pays the fine is the individual upon who's desk your application is sitting on the 91st day. I can't quote the statute on that one, all I found was the 90 day reference.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic View Post
    Keep an eye on the calendar. According to FL 790.06 6(c) they have 90 days to either issue the permit or deny it.

According to the instructor of my CCW class, if it goes longer than 90 days a fine is levied against the DoA. The person who pays the fine is the individual upon who's desk your application is sitting on the 91st day. I can't quote the statute on that one, all I found was the 90 day reference.

Brian
    I called the Dept of AGCS.They tell me it is ok on their end.Just waiting on the F.B.I to clear my prints.The nice lady told me it should be just a few more days/weeks......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links