Lawyer's gun taken away during home invasion?

This is a discussion on Lawyer's gun taken away during home invasion? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.kfdm.com/news/home_21364_...oneau_gun.html...

Thread: Lawyer's gun taken away during home invasion?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Lawyer's gun taken away during home invasion?

2. Remove Ads

Bad situational awareness on the lawyer's part. He got lucky.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Boneau grabbed his gun and went to check on the noise. The home invader came up from behind and confronted Boneau, taking his gun and striking him. The robber left with the gun, a laptop computer, jewelry and other items. Boneau told us he received cuts and bruises.
    Damn fool is lucky he doesn't have a couple of extra perforations!

What was wrong with "call 911, stay inside, monitor the situation, wait behind cover with a view of the entry, and be prepared to act" instead of "go outside where who-knows-how-many-people are waiting, possibly armed, and possibly willing to do murder"?

Ah, having a gun makes many invincible they think. Everyone knows just the sight of one makes people run away in fear (unless you are some street tough). Have a plan, stick with it, not worth dying for.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    What was wrong with "call 911, stay inside, monitor the situation, wait behind cover with a view of the entry, and be prepared to act" instead of "go outside where who-knows-how-many-people are waiting, possibly armed, and possibly willing to do murder"?
    Absolutlely correct advice. Another good lesson to be learned. IMO we should all think through different scenarios which could put us or our family in danger, and, at least give some thought as to how we might best react.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

He may have had a weapon, but he sure didn't have the tactics to back it up. He must not have a Playstation and first person shooters games.

Seriously though, I never would have gone anywhere that I didn't know for sure that my back was covered. I am unsure from the article whether he went outside or just left his bedroom and went into a larger room. Either way...his back wasn't covered.

I believe I would have gotten my weapon and called 911. Better to stay put than go "looking" for trouble.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

The only reason I would go "looking" for trouble is if I felt that anyone in my family was in danger. I prefer to be between myself and the BG rather than have the BG between me and my family members.

But, I live by myself now that I am back at college so I would probably stay put in my bed room and dial 911. I keep my room door locked at night too. It gives me THAT much more warning if someone breaks into my place.

Links