Sigh... can't get to a class.

This is a discussion on Sigh... can't get to a class. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Locally, the only classes that are accepted are done by trainers that only hold classes on Saturdays, and I work every Saturday from now until ...

Thread: Sigh... can't get to a class.

Sigh... can't get to a class.

Locally, the only classes that are accepted are done by trainers that only hold classes on Saturdays, and I work every Saturday from now until the end of time basically.

After I am finally able to take my class by probably paying over 300 bucks for a private class I may learn why it is 8 freaking hours long. Until then I sit here, reading all of this great information... complaining to my dogs, cat, any anyone else forced to listen to me .

Sigh...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    i'm sorry.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I'm sorry to hear that, can't you get a day off of work to take your class?
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I had pretty much the same problem....every saturday I work a 15 or 16 hour shift. What do you do for a living that you cant take off a day (assuming you cant, instead of purely monetary reasons..)
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

That sucks! Keep looking and maybe something will come up for you.

A couple suggestions?

Try less publicized sources. I've ads on Craigslist before... in fact, there's one on the Kansas City site now: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/lss/376928849.html

Advertise on local forums and see if you can get a group of 5 - 10 people together willing to do a weeknight (or whenever you're available). Maybe you can convince one of the well known instructors to do a special session.

Talk to friends/co-workers about their interest. At least out here, some of the instructors will allow a certain number of people to all participate in a "private" class. Then you can share the cost.

Good luck.

Try this guy

Quote Originally Posted by ozbej View Post
    Locally, the only classes that are accepted are done by trainers that only hold classes on Saturdays, and I work every Saturday from now until the end of time basically.

After I am finally able to take my class by probably paying over 300 bucks for a private class I may learn why it is 8 freaking hours long. Until then I sit here, reading all of this great information... complaining to my dogs, cat, any anyone else forced to listen to me .

Sigh...
    I had the same problem, try this guy.
    http://www.srt-group.com/
    He does both KS and MO classes, was $80 held at the Wichita Gander MT store. He is from MO, so does most classes there.

VIP Member
    Bummer. Frustrating stuff.

Too bad you don't live here in MN. I hold my classes over a couple of evenings just for that reason. Most people don't want to kill an entire weekend day I find. My students and I pick a couple evenings that work for everyone and hold the class. Even if I am doing one student I don't raise the price either. Hope you find one that works for you.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone. If I had spent a little more time researching and less whining I may have come up with some of those myself :)

That's what I get for staying up and forum watching.

Links