Wyoming Rodeo Forbids CCW - Page 2

Wyoming Rodeo Forbids CCW

This is a discussion on Wyoming Rodeo Forbids CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kavity I would be much better to create a simple page that uses a sql database that you could add to /edit ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wyoming Rodeo Forbids CCW

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    I would be much better to create a simple page that uses a sql database that you could add to /edit / search quickly. The forum method is clunky (no offence)
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=28786
    huntthehunter was going to work on that. I haven't heard anything since that thread died.

I recommend we end the hijack here.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    Why would you want to penalize the PRCA if the restriction is based on state law? I don’t recall anything in this thread that indicates that the PRCA is placing the restriction on weapons and you certainly cannot blame them for being a Professional Sporting Association, can you????
    +1

Well stated, friend.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

I'd've never guessed the PRCA was so pig headed about guns.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Frontier Days involves a whole lot of alcohol, oceans of it. The ban is lawful and makes sense. If you have ever been there, you probably agree.
    Yes and no, just depends on when you go and what ya see and do. It's actually way milder than in years gone past due to smaller crowds and more expensive beer.

However, after the rodeo grounds close and the bars are still open......

After calling and talking to several people the general answer is to carry according to the rules on the back of the CCW permit (posted above)

There is a rather heavy LEO presence in the park & yes I know lots of em and am not worried about what happens if.............

However, I can't get a clear reading if it's legal for the park to post "no weapons" and what the repercussions could be if caught CCWing. It also appears that Wyoming state law does not address this issue of a "private" venue posting "no weapons" at all from what I've been able to find.

What about being in the rodeo grounds when the rodeo is not going on? At night the concerts are held in the rodeo grounds, does the "no weapons" then apply?

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Get on the phone and call the local DAs office and ask. If your not happy with that answer, send a letter to the Attorney General of the state and ask him/her. The Attorney General is the one that decides in opinions weither its legal or not.

Having rode rodeo for alot of my younger years as a "professional" yes in my opionion that its illegal to carry in the rodeo grounds. Now in the rest of the park I can't say, but once you enter the rodeo grounds then you'd be violating the law, even if they didnt have a sign to remind you of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    If the Cheyenne Frontier Days is a private venue, then they have a right to prohibit firearms.

I don't think "professional" has any relevance in this instance.
    From what I can find out state law does not address the issue if they can or can not legally post something as "off limits" to CCW holders.

Also can't find out what the repercussions are if caught violating the "no weapons" policy.

I do know that if they see a pocket knife clip they are telling everybody to push the knife deep into your pocket and to not have it clipped to the outside of the pocket.

Oh and "security" while everywhere is rather power hungry and thinks thier poo does not stink. Plus they can drink all the beer they want while working and for the most part the volunteers who work security are tanked.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Carr View Post
    From what I can find out state law does not address the issue if they can or can not legally post something as "off limits" to CCW holders.

Also can't find out what the repercussions are if caught violating the "no weapons" policy.
    So there ya go. State law is not applicable. As I said, a private venue has every right to prohibit firearms on their property or grounds. It's the same thing as Wal-Mart or Costco or any other private property owner. If they don't want firearms on their property, they're within their rights. You can do the same thing in your own home. It's your right.

As for being "caught", the most a private property owner may legally do is ask you to leave his property or grounds.

Now if you don't leave when asked to do so, that's another matter. Then you could be subject to arrest for trespassing.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    Why would you want to penalize the PRCA if the restriction is based on state law? I don’t recall anything in this thread that indicates that the PRCA is placing the restriction on weapons and you certainly cannot blame them for being a Professional Sporting Association, can you????

1. It is NOT state law

2. The PRCA should tell this venue that they do not agree with their stance of violating peoples 2A rights and that they will find another venue if that is the case and do so. Not enough compaines and or organizations do this.

3. I am SICK of venues and organizations ( see NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PRCA... etc) stating that firearms are prohibited for safety and then selling alcohol to anyone with valid ID and money letting them drive home drunk in 2 ton+ weapons afterwards. Car crashes kill more people than guns do every year but there is profit to be made so who cares about peoples safety!

4. My money will be spent elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links