My Gal stood up for herself!!

This is a discussion on My Gal stood up for herself!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hola! I had a great weekend. Why? Because me and my girlfriend had a whole weekend off together. Well, I had a job Saturday night, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Gal stood up for herself!!

My Gal stood up for herself!!

Hola! I had a great weekend. Why? Because me and my girlfriend had a whole weekend off together. Well, I had a job Saturday night, so my girlfriend went to have dinner with her friends. That same day, she told her friend that she just took her CHL course (BIG mistake). Well, that night, that friend told the other friend. The other friend, with her "high IQ" and "my poop smells better than yours so I have an excuse to feel that I am higher and smarter than you" yaps her mouth to my girlfriend, "So, are you 'packin', you carrying heat?"

Here's the part that made me smile.

My GF looks at her like she's an idiot and says, "Are you stupid? This is NOT a game. I am not here to kid around. I am taking this seriously because I do it to protect myself. And you're retarded if you think that 'I got your back' just because I am carrying" (My GF can be a little spicy jalapeno if you push her enough, or just act stupid).

So I just had to ask, "and she said...." She laughed and said, "she just changed the subject".

Sweet!

Anyways, I told her to not tell anybody else. Because that was the whole point of concealed carry and because some people think that "guns are not safe".

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Cool!

Is your girlfriend carrying already? You mentioned that she just took her CCW class... Is that old news, and the permit is already issued, or is it a pending thing?

Pending. Just took the course Saturday.

Awesome,
    Your gf abviously already has the mindset, you must have talked about this subject to some degree. It's nice to have a significant other to discuss ccw with, as well as what is happenning in the world today.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Good for her. It's good to have people carrying who understand their responsibilities.

She's going to do just fine when the CCW permit arrives. She has the mindset and she has the right attitude.
    And now, she knows not to talk to anyone else about it. But hey, if she does choose to tell anyone else, they shouldn't give her grief about it because she sounds like she can handle herself in a verbal altercation as well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Fantastic. I would have loved to see the friends face. There is something about the "high and mighty" being shown exactly where their position in the sceme of things really is. I would say you need to hang on to this "jalapeno", she is certainly a keeper. Tell her we all are routing for her. Good luck in life.

It's not only good to have people carrying,who understand the responsiblity. But also who can verbalize it to another.

Treat her like gold, she's definitely a keeper!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Well done on her part and good advise to her from you.
    ...one jagged hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Treat her like gold, she's definitely a keeper!
    Oh don't worry, I do!

Excellent comeback! That "friend" will be the first one in line for a gun if and when something bad ever happens to her.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

now that was a good one! I can imagine the expression on ms. priss's face when your G/F retorted!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I think we have all been in a similar situation, but not all of us act as serious and proffesional as your girlfriend.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

I am glad she is taking her own defense into her own hands.

I feel for her being put in that position. We women have our friends that we discussd almost any and every thing with. Fashion...work...men...so many things. I think she just found out there is one thing that many other women don't understand...CCW.

Guys usually "high five" each other on the subject and show their weapons like we girls show a new ring or purse.

I believe more women will understand the concept of CCW in the future, but for now she needs to stick to discussing girl things with the girls and come here to discuss CCW....weapons....tactics. The women here understand her. The men understand her. Great answers here from both.

She did a good job with her comeback.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links